Want to know if any negative feedback on an item but feedback is blank - Private

s2cc5
Community Member

When I want to bid on an item from a seller I check the feedback of that item to get an idea of what other people thought. Some sellers have almost all items as private which makes buying from them frustrating. I can understand the buyers' identity being private but why the description?  Any ideas anyone? 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Want to know if any negative feedback on an item but feedback is blank - Private

Sellers Feedback can't be private.

"Important: If you have a private Feedback Profile, you will not be able to sell items on eBay"

Private listing is optional for sellers, if they have a specific reason, they can mark as Private.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

If private feedback makes you uncomfortable , trust your instincts.

Private listings are often used when the item being sold is .... adult.... in nature.

Buyers can have private feedback.

Sellers can't.

You can also check Detailed Seller Ratings for an idea of what buyers thought. The usual Rating is 5 and if a seller's DSRs drop below 4.3 his ability to list and sell will be severely restricted.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply