Well, a 1st for me, 5 for shipping and handling

Well my hard work has finally paid off.

I got my first 5 rating in shipping and handling, in my 30 day DSR. 😉

As always it was short lived, but it is now at 4.95, that is the best I have ever done.:^O

I think the 5 lasted about 10 minutes ;-), but that is good enough for me this morning.

Everyone have a great day!!
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Congrats!

4.95 is very high and puts you in the 3% league of sellers. As long as you continually hover @ 4.86 or higher, your visible DSR will show 4.9, which is about as high as anyone will get as a 12-month average.

Cheers
Bernie
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thanks Bernie, much appreciated

Loré
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Not to take anything away from anyone's accomplishments, but I believe that buyers are slowly getting educated to the ebay DSR system as well. Especially the experienced users.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

bestbranddeals
Community Member
What did you do to get 5 Star. I noticed that even if I offer free shipping, still am dinged on shipping and handling. Dont know why. Maybe people are hesitant to give 5 star rating even if seller deserves it.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I find that when I purchase anything on ebay, VERY FEW sellers send a packing slip with my purchase.

I include a packing slip with each order I sell, I put FREE SHIPPING in large letters, then I thank them for their purchase.

I have also been leaving feedback first, and in my feedbacks I put the date shipped and free or cheap shipping, it seems to be working

Loré
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

glossygirl83
Community Member
Personally, I think buyers tend to give good overall ratings overall if they like the item they get! If you dislike something then any price you paid was too high.
I think the biggest mistake from buyers is they often associate the shipping costs with the value of the item - $9.00 to ship a $100.00 item seems like a good ratio! $9.00 to ship an item that is $20.00 seems like too much.

I believe that buyers are slowly getting educated to the ebay DSR system as well. Especially the experienced users.
I agree there are definately the users who understand the system.

Congrats on the 5.0!! It definately takes alot of work on the buyers end to achieve it!!!
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

itchy225
Community Member
We had some discussion on this topic earlier. I too have started leaving feedback asap, and hinting at 5 star rating, and my dsr's have been climbing.

While shopping on ebay, I have noticed a couple of sellers pushing 5 stars in item description. One buyer even said if you give 4 stars, its as if it is a negative in ebays eyes, which isn't too far off.

congrats!
Message 8 of 8
latest reply