What am I doing wrong?

xguardian123
Community Member

Hi everyone, I have only sold 1 item on Ebay. It is really upseting me that all my other items will not sell, even at the last few minutes of a bid. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. My items have discriptive information, good pictures, great titles etc. If you have any tips for me feel free to tell me.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

What am I doing wrong?

I took some time and looked over so of your listings. I would honestly say the reason you may not be selling any books is because they are to expensive. Almost every book I checked I could find cheaper on Ebay elsewhere, and we know we can not compete with USA postage rates, so to sell books in Canada it has to be cheap, or the book has to be hard to find. Before you list stuff maybe check to see what your competition is charging, and then proceed. Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

What am I doing wrong?

I took some time and looked over so of your listings. I would honestly say the reason you may not be selling any books is because they are to expensive. Almost every book I checked I could find cheaper on Ebay elsewhere, and we know we can not compete with USA postage rates, so to sell books in Canada it has to be cheap, or the book has to be hard to find. Before you list stuff maybe check to see what your competition is charging, and then proceed. Good luck!

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

What am I doing wrong?

I don't think your asking prices are too high (and I am a bookseller) but your shipping is.

Book buyers are pretty honest so Expedited is not necessary. Most of my books, even those over $50.oo go Letter/Light Packet. Some go Small Packet Surface USA or Small Packet Air International, which carries up to $100 insurance against loss or damage in shipping.

Another problem is your choice of titles. Best Sellers, aren;t. You will do better with obscure and difficult to find. If you plan to sell a book, check it on Addall.com. If there are more than three pages of the title listed, don't bother.

You may be on to something with the manga. Niche products have smaller demand, but an even smaller supply. I am one of only two sellers of the books I specialize in. And that is world wide. Not many buyers, but a steady flow and no competition.

BTW, sell-through on eBay is generally about 40% and that includes establlished sellers and the huge Diamond Sellers. So don't worry about your rate. It will improve as you get more experience and your placement in Search improves.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

What am I doing wrong?

You have several posts. Some are generally on the same topic. Having too many posts on the same topic can be confusing to both you and the responders.

Non paying buyers deserve unpaid item strikes.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply