What are my options plz ???

Good evening.

I have bought 2 items that just arrived this week but unfortunately, one of them was crushed (the box) and it was the most valuable item. Within the box there was a letter with a mention" We want a 5 star feedback rating from you". They say yes we offer a 100% money back guarantee...

But I  contacted the buyer asking him for a rebate. I don't want to ship back the items (I'm wandering if it is a good thing to ship back these items and who is going to pay for it. The letter doesn't mention it)  But still no answer. 

Any suggestions, 

Youckoulele 🙂

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Many sellers will not give a partial refund and want the item returned so they can give a full refund. Sometimes sending a picture of the damage on the item to the seller can make them decide that they don't want the item back so they might then offer a partial refund.

Otherwise, you would have to file an item not as described request and if the seller says that they will refund when you return the item, you have to return it. In that situation, the seller is supposed to pay for return shipping. I'm not sure how that works if the seller is in the U.S. but if they are in Asia, ebay apparently does not make them pay return shipping.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I don't want to ship back the items

Why?

If they are broken they are useless.

However, the seller may accept a photo. You have his email in your PP account.

(I'm wandering if it is a good thing to ship back these items and who is going to pay for it. The letter doesn't mention it)

Assume that it is you.

Is the return cost worth the refund?

It might not be you. Usually the cost of the return is covered by the seller if the problem is his fault.

And of course.

Was this shipped through the Global Shipping Program?

They are notorious for repacking securely packed items. Badly.

However, they are pretty good about refunding your payment in full , without wanting the smithereens returned.

So.

Contact the seller.

If that doesn't go smoothly, and quickly, start a Dispute in the Resolution Center.

(If the GSP is involved, let the seller know as a courtesy, but go directly to the Dispute.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Good day and thank you for your response.

I contacted the seller and sent him pictures of the damaged item. I requested a rebate of 20$ US. I also said if I was to ship back the 2 items from Canada to US (with a tracking number) it would cost him probably more (which is the case).

Anyways, all ends well because not only I have received the requested rebate, but the buyer said he was very happy we could find a mutual agreement 🙂

Ahhh, if only it  could always be easy like that, wouldn't it be nice ?????

That is what I call a "GREAT AFTER-SALE SERVICE"

Bye

Youckoulele

Message 4 of 4
latest reply