What are the options to leave feedback after refund?I tend to believe there was no shipping at all

nemohm
Community Member

What are the options to leave feedback after refund?
I tend to believe there was no shipping at all - on a more than few occasions, after 45 days - no delivery.

Few explanations about Canada Customs understaffing....

In any case the refunds were prompt.

It looks like a scam to me - small amounts could be easily overlooked by buyers, or just no bother.

The matter of fact is , I can't get anything I ordered in the last 2 months - just refunds!

China, Singapore , Hong Kong.....

The bottom line here - once a refund is issued - case is closed - no feedback is allowed - there are no means to inform the community about potential traps an so....

I'm wondering if PayPal and eBay get their fees in case of refunds?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

What are the options to leave feedback after refund?I tend to believe there was no shipping at all

You have left four (4) negative feedback in the last three months for non receipt.

So you know how to leave feedback.  It must be left within 60 days of date of purchase.

I also noticed you have not left a single positive feedback in the last three months.  Are all transactions that bad?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Then the options are:

Feedback or money back, correct?

And the scam goes on!

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

No.  As you already know, based on your four (4) previous negative feedback you posted for sellers, you can get your money back and still leave negative feedback.  You have already done that several times.

The thing is this: feedback must be left within 60 days of date of purchase.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I'd like to suggest that you read this post from an Asian seller.

Maybe you'll be a little more understanding and see that these sellers are not to blame for Postal delays.

If Canadian buyers continue to trash those sellers they won't sell to us any longer or they'll raise prices.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Asia-to-Canada-very-slow-shipping-situation-worse-and-wor...

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I too suspect that some items are not actually sent. Sellers claim they make only pennies on transactions.

If so then by not sending one item and getting away without making a refund could be as profitable as dozens of successful trades.

When the seller is forced to make a refund it costs him nothing unless he gets negative feedback.

For anyone checking my feedback history you will find I left positive after non-delivery and a refund ... even though it was not a positive experience. For me, the percentage of bad experiences is embarrassingly high. I wonder if it because of my location or the cheap items that I order. I try hard to avoid negative ratings.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@nemohm wrote:

What are the options to leave feedback after refund?

My advice would be: don't! As Pierre rightfully noted, you left four feedbacks for items not received (but refunded) in the past month alone. Those are the only feedbacks you left during that time.

Since buyers can only receive positive feedback, their "feedback received" is worthless as a tool for sellers to check who they are dealing with. So sellers check their "feedback left for others" to see if a potential buyer could become a problem. Yours says that lately none of your purchases seem to be arriving, and you take it out on the seller even after being made whole. That's not a pretty picture and sellers may want to protect themselves from you.

You are not obligated to leave feedback. If your item doesn't arrive but you get refunded (with no hassles, since you mention that all the refunds were made promptly,) you should either leave positive feedback (the seller did the best they could so that you wouldn't end up out of pocket), or else leave no feedback at all.

If you are having trouble receiving items purchased from Asia, maybe you should look for sellers located elsewhere.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@robbwell wrote:

I too suspect that some items are not actually sent. Sellers claim they make only pennies on transactions.

Good Morning Rob.  I wasn't saying that I suspect that items are not actually sent.  I doubt very much that Asian sellers plan to make money by accepting payments for items they never intend to ship.

I do think it's possible that a few get overlooked now and then purely by accident.

Many of those sellers are processing numerous penny items / day and I'm amazed at how rarely they get it wrong.  That requires a lot of organization and fastidious attention to detail.

In fact, it seems to me that Asian sellers have to be model eBayers to stay ahead of the game and no matter how good they are they still get more than their share of undeserved NFB.

They seem to ship immediately and respond politely to concerns without delay to stay ahead of the eBay system.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

It looks like the topic - with the concerns expressed, have been addressed many times here:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-Central/Items-from-China-is-that-a-complete-fraud/m-p/338668#U3386...

and the reasoning to leave a feedback after refund, in case the goods are not received - is only for protection of the potential buyers.

Leaving negative feedback might not be an issue at all for next purchase as money has exchanged hands already.

Thank you very much for your input - very much informative!

Message 9 of 9
latest reply