What do I do about seller harassing me?

maeleaa
Community Member

I purchased an item. When it arrived and I opened the package the item smelled strongly of mold and mildew.

I let it sit in my porch until garbage day and the whole porch smelled and there were some white spots on it. 

I wrote to the seller that the item was covered in mold and the seller wrote back: " please kindly put it in the sunshine for oneweek, then you can use some perfume"

So since no resolution was coming and I didn't want the thing in my house and I am not being responsible for shipping a moldy purchase out of the country, I threw it out.

And I left negative feedback, probably for the first time ever. I don't remember ever having to before.

Now the seller is emailing asking me to change my feedback.

Not happening.

Is there a way to report these people or block them?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

First get it out of the garbage.

But you may not have to return it for a refund.

Go to the Resolution Centre and open an Item Not As Described dispute.

There have been changes and I understand that this will not require you to return the item on your own dime, but the seller must send a shipping label. (Which in itself is difficult internationally.)

If the seller does not refund you, Paypal will and go after her for their money.

Your feedback will be removed.

Or.

Ignore the seller.

You are not required to open her emails or messages. You can ask your email provider to Block her.

Eventually she will get tired of nagging.

You can even go to her email provider and let them know about the harrassment, but usually the situation has to escalate to death threats and/or hundreds of emails daily before they will act.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

File a claim at the resolution centre for goods not as described.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

Odds are good you will get your money refunded without having to return the item (which you cannot do in any case).

That seller has 307 negative feedback (plus 444 neutral) in the last twelve months. He will not bother you for long.  Just ignore him.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

First get it out of the garbage.

But you may not have to return it for a refund.

There may be issues with this, I'm not sure. Shipping "living" things in many cases requires special permits to ship potentially biohazardous materials or may not ship them at all through conventional services. Mold is considered hazardous as it can become aerosolized with the spores. If it crosses an international border, customs of the receiving country may quarantine and destroy the item on biosecurity grounds or require the item to be treated and decontaminated at the expense of, in this case the seller. The seller could then decline and claim that they never got the return.

It may have not been detected in delivery to this unfortunate case, but it may get detected if it crosses another border.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply