What do I do about these sellers overcharging me on shipping

Hi ... I live in canada and 90 percent of US sellers overcharge me on shipping charges. I received 3 items today and was overcharged by $21. Isnt it considered fraud or is it just "an oh well". What really bugs me is that i bid according to what i am being charged ..meaning if they use the correct shipping i would pay more. What can I do about these dishonest sellers? Shouldnt eBay do something about it because they are losing an excellent customer who always pays within 10 hours, always cordial and i always let them know when it has arrived so they dont have to worry. So what is my recourse other than quitting eBay and using Etsy?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

What do I do about these sellers overcharging me on shipping

All items have their shipping costs listed up front. By clicking to purchase and pay the item, you are agreeing to pay the posted shipping cost: no matter over overcharged.

Ebay has been charging sellers 7% (or around that) on their shipping charges. But, I don't believe ebay is doing any other regulation on shipping costs.

When you're looking at a potential purchase, consider the cost as cost+shipping. So if you have a budget of $50, and you see an item is $49, you probably shouldn't buy it because you need to factor in shipping (unless it's free shipping, of course).

Message 2 of 2
latest reply