What happens if Item I purchased never arrives?

What happens if Item I purchased never arrives? Will Paypal reimburse me?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Yes.   You have 45 days to open an Item Not Received claim.  Open it no later than day 43, just to be 'safe'.  Here is a link that tells you about where and how to do it:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

If the 45 day deadline has passed, if you used a credit card you can call the 1-800 number on the back of the card and ask to do a chargeback.  Have all the transaction details on hand if this is your option,

If you need to open a claim, do not close it for any reason other than having your item or your money in your hand.  No matter what the seller tells you or how cloying the sweet-talk.  Once you close a claim you cannot reopen it.  Ever.  So make sure you've got your money or item first.

You have 60 days to leave feedback.  If you can state the facts as pleasantly as possible it is more likely to be believed.  The colour you choose to go with your comments is up to you. 🙂 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I use PayPal and it is drawing funds from a credit card. Would requesting chargeback form credit card company work in this case?

Should I simultaneously open a claim on ebay and ask credit card for refund?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

A credit card chargeback is a last resort.  And if it were me, I would not bother on 2 or 3 dollar items at all.  Credit card companies are not particularly enthusiastic about chargebacks, and should be used with discretion. 

That means do not open a claim within the time frame and then a chargeback too. 

If you have time - that is you are within the 45 days, file your claim in the Resolution Center.  In the link I posted, there is a contact us link to click on and it will guide you.  You will get your refund via paypal who puts it back on to your credit card.  No need to bother the card folks unless you have to. 

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Cannot double claim. Its PP first unless 45 days has passed.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member
The 45 day time limit for opening disputes starts when you pay for the item.It expires 45 days later to the second.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply