What if an item I bought is broken?

niterdr
Community Member

I am a purchaser from Canada and ever since the sellers in the US have gone to Pitney Bowes for shipping fragile items have been arriving broken, Do the sellers have to use them? or is there something about the convenience of shipping with them? The packages do arrive sooner but they look like someone was throwing and stomping on them. What can I do about this?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Sellers don't have to use the program but a lot do because they are totally protected from claims and negatives if they manage to get the item to Kentucky safely.  If yours is broken just file a claim for NAD, show pictures of all the damages, and say it was a GSP item.  Pitney Bowels will refund you but you may have to call ebay and tell them it was GSP to get back all your money in the end. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

It's my opinion that most of this damage comes from sellers who do not package shipments properly.

Canada Post tells senders that packages may drop two feet from one conveyor belt to another and the parcel that drops on top of it may weigh up to 50 lbs.

If PB/GSP opens and repacks a shipment, they include a notice saying so. The usual reason for repacking seems to be to confirm the origin of a dutiable item.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Sellers don't have to use the program but a lot do because they are totally protected from claims and negatives if they manage to get the item to Kentucky safely.  If yours is broken just file a claim for NAD, show pictures of all the damages, and say it was a GSP item.  Pitney Bowels will refund you but you may have to call ebay and tell them it was GSP to get back all your money in the end. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

It's my opinion that most of this damage comes from sellers who do not package shipments properly.

Canada Post tells senders that packages may drop two feet from one conveyor belt to another and the parcel that drops on top of it may weigh up to 50 lbs.

If PB/GSP opens and repacks a shipment, they include a notice saying so. The usual reason for repacking seems to be to confirm the origin of a dutiable item.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply