What is The Best way To Promote a Item?

marcello_capoferri
Community Member
Hello All, How are You Today?
I was Wondering What is the best way to promote a item?
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

What is The Best way To Promote a Item?

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
Your title is one of your most important tools as buyers often search by keywords. That will at least bring them to your auction.

Pictures and informative description are your next best areas to concentrate on. I did not say full desription as you can often loose people by putting too much. Case in poimt, people seldom read all the terms and conditions that sellers put in, but we put them in for our protection.

Remember that customers have been accustomed to seeing and touching things they are going to purchase in a store so you should try to have pics of multiple angles of what you are selling. Pictures say a thousand words. Use a good digital camera, good lighting and a good, non-distracting background.

Aside from that there are hundreds of different things that sellers can do differently. Depending on the time of year (as in Christmas) we ran a special Santa banner across our ads and down one side of the ads framing our item descriptions. We began running our Christmas ads at the end of October hoping to put people's mind set into buying our items as Christmas gifts early in the game.

I still maintain thet the best two things you can do is 1. get the people to your auction by having a clear title with words that are likely to be used in a search and 2. get them to buy your item by having a good collection of pics so the people can see exactly what they are bidding on.

Malcolm

Message 2 of 2
latest reply