What's up with this.......

catalystpaintball
Community Member
Just tried to relist a few items and got this message.

Since your item is listed in a currency different from this site's default listing currency, they cannot be relisted here through this bulk functionality. We will allow you to relist them individually after you submit all items listed in the site's default listing currency.

I have a Ebay store on .ca but sell in US$ it has never been a problem before.

Steve
catalyst copy
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

hahrete
Community Member
Yes I have had this happen when I try to relist on a site that I didn't list on originally. A pain, but I keep everything on .com now. I only go to .ca to check PS board.
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

mtfman
Community Member
I use Sellers Manager on the Canadian Site and Sellers Manager Pro on the American Site . Cost me a little but saves me huge time
MTF
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

jenzaka
Community Member
Hi mtfman:
How are you able to do that? Do you have 2 ids? I've tried to do it but it always reverts back to .ca. I have a store on .ca (ya, I know....bad move, but that was way back when I was a new seller) but I list on .com. I wouldn't mind paying the extra money for the convenience but I can't seem to get it to work.
Your help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Joy

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
jenzaka,

I used to have a .ca store. It's a bit of a pain, but if you list primarily on ebay.com you may want to close your store and reopen it on .com. I did that and have never looked back. I now use SMP on .com, list on .com and have my store on .com. Much easier overall.

Monique

Monique

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

overtherainbowdesigns
Community Member
Monique, Could you spell it out a bit for me please....why is the .com store preferable? Thanks!
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
Gosh, to be honest it's been so long that I can't even remember why I switched my store over. There is always some little glitch or feature difference between the two systems, whether it's stores, SMP or listing.

98% of my sales are to the U.S. and I got completely fed up with competing on an uneven playing field. Neat new features would be rolled out and you just couldn't use them if you listed on .ca.

One example I remember was the gift icon. The Christmas season after that first came out, it was only available to those who listed on .com. If you listed in a competitive category, where everyone displayed the gift icon, and you were listing on .ca you were out in the cold.

Another was with SMP. When they first rolled out the ability to combine invoicing on multiple purchases, it wouldn't work if you had a .ca SMP account. It took months before that became available.

Not the greatest examples, but just a couple of many I've found over the years. When I closed my store down for vacation two summers ago, I closed it and re-opened on .com.

I switched my SMP account to .com too. HOWEVER, IF YOU USE THE AUTOMATIC GST TAX FEATURE ON SMP you will NOT be able to automatically apply Canadian taxes on .com SMP. I live in Ontario and have to apply PST here anyway so I have always sent out all my invoices manually.

Monique

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

mtfman
Community Member
My ebay Store is on .com .......
My Sellers Manager Pro is on Ebay.com
My Sellers Manager is on Ebay.ca

This way when I list items on Ebay.ca , I do not run into that glich trying to relist on Sellers Manager Pro on Ebay.com

If some of you do not understand , when you list an item onto Ebay.ca When you bulk relist auctions, if you attempt to relist on Ebay.com . It will not work
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
Why do you bother to list on .ca at all? Just wondering. :)

Monique

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

mtfman
Community Member
Well very good question, ever tryed to list 40 xbox games

I use this site, It allows you to list an auction onto Ebay.ca WITH ONE PAGE IN 30 SECONDS
http://easylister.ebaypromo.ca/Start.aspx

To list CD's, Computer Programs, Playstation programs ...ect basically anything that's prefilled.

For CD's
http://easylister.ebaypromo.ca/SearchResults.aspx?t=music+cd&c=307
PC games
http://easylister.ebaypromo.ca/SearchResults.aspx?t=PC+game&c=62053

I use Mozilla when listing on this site, you will find this a huge time saver

To fill in general info that is always the same. I use "Short keys lite". This program allows you too place, long sentences with a click of a key

Below is an example auction of an auction made on 30 seconds
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8263105972&rd=1&rd=1
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
Cool, thanks!

Monique

Message 11 of 11
latest reply