What will happen next month?

Last month a pizza delivery van hit me totalling my van.  Today I was walking through a garden centre and was attacked by a red-winged blackbird.  Two of them suddenly swooped right over my head.  I started to walk back the way I had come and one swooped down & bounced off my head leaving a scratch. I wouldn't have believed a bird could pack such a wallop!  Obviously I was getting too close to their nest.

One of the workers there picked up some birds that had fallen from a nest and put them back in.  One of the parents landed right on her ponytail & started pecking at her head.

They also said that they are stalked by a grackle even when they are on the other side of the garden centre from its nest.  Kinda reminds me of the old Hitchcock movie, "The Birds".

I wonder what will happen next month?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

The birds, working in concert, learn how to drive a van....

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Ahh, I knew there had to be a conspiracy.

Strangely enough, I was telling a fellow about the birds on the weekend.  He was standing about 3 feet from me.  Not 2 minutes after I told him, 2 birds flew right between us missing his face by about an inch.  The look on his face was priceless & he pointed his finger at me.

Yeah, I know I am jinxed.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member

Oh, Judy!  This is hilarious!  It brought back some really funny memories from when I lived in Virginia Beach! 

YES....THE BIRDS lives on!

Susan

Message 4 of 4
latest reply