When I do a simple search on ebay.ca on any of my listings is shows "Shipping not spesified"

When I do a simple search on ebay.ca on any of my listings is shows "Shipping not spesified" under my current prise of the item.  I clearing have a shipping profile all set up.   When I see other Sellers postings it shows a calculation of the shipping costs under their price.

Any idea on how I can get the calulation to work for me?  Thanks so much for you're help.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

When I do a simple search on ebay.ca on any of my listings is shows "Shipping not spesified"

When I look at

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_ssn=kerrianthony37&_sop=15

I see "shipping not specified" because at that point the computer does not know where I live

When I check the shipping within an individual listing, the computer remembers my postal code and gives me the exact calculated amount.

Now, instead of using the calculator, you use a flat shipping rate for Canada ($10.00 for example), then $10.00 will show up.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

There is a glitch with calculated shipping so that the shipping amount does not show on the search page, just when you click on the listing. Hopefully they will fix this soon.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Pierre I don't believe that in this instance it has anything to do with the computer not knowing where you live otherwise it would show either 'shipping not specified' or 'calculate' when you click on the listing. Also, if that was the case, it would have always been like that rather than being a recent problem.

If you go to the OP's listings, click on lowest price plus shipping and if your postal code is not showing at the top of the page, enter it and refresh the page. The listing will still show as shipping not specified even though your postal code is available.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Seriously Pierre your in some sort of denial. I spoke with customer service in California again today they admit the problem is site wide they do not have a fix for it yet. They advised I change all my listings to flat rate as they dont know how long this as well as the other major problem that every other site can no longer multipack Canadian items and can only buy one and pay for one item at a time. They seem to be working on a shopping cart for canada to fix this but the girl told me this would not be done quickly either. She advised I ask for a fee discount as the site issues are truly devastating to business.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

"They advised I change all my listings to flat rate"

I believe I also suggested that as a solution in my earlier post.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thats not a solution thats a week of work that I may just have to reverse in a week or two. Besides that does not fix problem number 2, and it only is a patch for international listings on problem 1 still does not address that its impossible to sell in Canada without Calculated Shipping.

God I wish I Sold stamps I would not be having any of these problems.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

the other major problem that every other site can no longer multipack Canadian items and can only buy one and pay for one item at a time. They seem to be working on a shopping cart for canada to fix this

That would only fix the problem while someone was shopping while on .ca. As I mentioned in another post that if you are on .com you can only use the cart for items listed on .com. If an item was listed on the uk site, you can't add it to the cart while shopping on .com even though the uk site has a cart. It is the same issue if you are shopping on the uk site....you can not use the cart for an item originally listed on .com

They don't seem to think when they set up these systems. Obviously there are going to be people shopping on other sites so it doesn't make sense to segregate the different features on each site.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply