When is the Violation reporting system going to work?

I keep getting this message for days :

We're making some updates and will be back soon.
Thanks for your patience.

I have been trying to get my money back from for a product that never arrived and was told by them to provide my PayPal account info. PayPal won't deal with them, and I can't get the eBay system to take a complaint.

I just want the money back for something that was never delivered!

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Are you filing a claim in the resolution center for an item not received or are you trying to report a violation through the listing? The violation system seems to work fine for me but that won't get your money back....you will need to file a claim.

Or...you said they (the company you bought from?) wanted your paypal address in order to refund you. What do you mean by Paypal won't deal with them...isn't that how you paid? They should be able to refund you through Paypal or 'send money' through Paypal to your account.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

You need to open a dispute in the resolution centre for an "Item Not Received".  You should be able to do this from your eBay Summary page, bottom right side.  You do not need to provide anyone with your PayPal account information.  Whoever you bought from, if you paid through PayPal, has a record on their PayPal account, and a tab to issue a refund.  You need to open your case within 45 days of purchase, and if it has been longer than that, try for a refund from the credit card attached to your PayPal account.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

PayPal requires eBay customers to use the eBay resolution system and will not help as per there rules and regulations.

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Are you filing a claim in the resolution center for an item not received or are you trying to report a violation through the listing? The violation system seems to work fine for me but that won't get your money back....you will need to file a claim.

Or...you said they (the company you bought from?) wanted your paypal address in order to refund you. What do you mean by Paypal won't deal with them...isn't that how you paid? They should be able to refund you through Paypal or 'send money' through Paypal to your account.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

I did open an Item not recieved before 45 days unfortunately they kept promising it would show up and would give me a refund if it didn't after 60 days. They now say they need my PayPal account info to refund me. Now it seems eBay only sends the messages to the seller and does not do anything to help the buyer. I tried to report the request for my PayPal account info as a breach of the policy and rules but that feature is not working.
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

I filed a claim and only got an email saying to wait a bit longer, then the item disappeared from my listings! I have not received any of the items and my PayPal has not been credited. After repeated requests the seller asked for my PayPal account info.
What can I do to get eBay to do something for me other than relay my messages to the seller?
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

I tried to report the request for my PayPal account info as a breach of the policy and rules but that feature is not working.

I'm not sure what policy you are referring to but if the seller is saying they will give you a refund and that they need your Paypal email address than why not give it to them? They were given that info when you paid so if they looked at the original transaction they would know. Perhaps asking you for it now is another stall tactic but I would give it to them again in the hopes that they are serious and will refund you.

If you had already opened a claim through ebay then that is why you would not have been able to open one through Paypal...you can't open a claim for the same purchase in both places. If you are in a similar situation again, escalate the claim within the allowed time period so that you get your money back. If you don't escalate, ebay has no way if knowing if you have received the item or not. If it does happen to come after that, you can repay the seller.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

They now say they need my PayPal account info to refund me.

So give it to them.

If they are a big seller, it is faster to get the PP name (which is just your email address in any case) from the buyer than to look it up through hundreds if not thousands of sales.

Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Nobody has answered my question and the reporting system still does not work.

Is there a way to get someone who works at eBay to respond?

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Go to "Customer Support" on the top right, then click on "Contact eBay" - you will find a toll-free phone number and a one-time code to call them, or you can request that they call you.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

They now say they need my PayPal account info to refund me.

So give it to them.

If they are a big seller, it is faster to get the PP name (which is just your email address in any case) from the buyer than to look it up through hundreds if not thousands of sales.

Did you do this?

Did they refund?

How much time have you wasted doing it your way instead of the right way?

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

I gave them the email address I use for PayPal and no they did not refund anything.

The appropriate way! Excuse me but the appropriate way would be for them to send me what I ordered and not intentionally drag it beyond 45 days so eBay and PayPal would not help!

I resent your tone and will not tolerate it again.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

And the appropriate way for you to get a refund is to read all the policies and adhere to them.  If you got suckered in to waiting longer than the time limit to escalate your dispute to a case, you have no one to blame but yourself.  The members who have responded to your (poorly described) concerns were trying to help you.  There is no need to be rude.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Hello 'frase', 

There are a few things about your predicament I'm not clear on.  You say you filed a claim. 

Did you go through the Resolution Center link as instructed by this ebay information page?

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

You frequently make reference to "they".  Who are the "they" in each instance?

If you opened a dispute before 45 days was up, - did you escalate to a claim as soon as

possible?

Did you, at any time, close the claim before receiving a refund?

When a seller refunds you, he uses the Refund link in his own paypal account.  The instant

this happens, you will receive a "Your payment has been refunded" notice in your regular email.

If a seller asks for your paypal address, - all a seller ever needs to get money to you is that paypal

address, - your paypal address is your regular email address, so there's no harm in offering it.

Unless, of course, it gets censored out of the message by ebay's overzealous automated screening

system.

You say you got a message telling you to wait a bit longer.  That sounds like it came from the

seller, not the Resolution Center.  You didn't say where your seller is located, but I've a good guess.

On one hand you say you opened your claim before the 45 days was up, but then say that the seller

dragged it out past the day 45.  Which is it?

What you describe happens to many many new users on ebay.  Ordinary decent people brought up

to value honesty and integrity find it so very difficult to believe that others will tell the sweetest lies

solely for the purpose of stealing.  Sellers like that are no diffent from street muggers, but there are

lots of them around.

I urge you most strenuously to read through the link I posted above and just learn from your mistake.

As a new user you have a very low feedback score, and there are oodles of sellers just like yours

who prey on newbies because they know you are unfamiliar with how the system works.

So, -- if you use a paypal account, file your claim in the Resolution Center by day 45.  If you use a

credit card, call the 1-800 number on the back of the card and ask to do a chargeback.  Cards have

longer deadlines.

I'm sorry that happened to you as it's a really hurtful experience.  Find out how to protect yourself

in future and never let it happen again.

Best wishes.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

dmil... wrote: ... So, -- if you use a paypal account, file your claim in the Resolution Center by day 45.  If you use a

credit card, call the 1-800 number on the back of the card and ask to do a chargeback.  Cards have

longer deadlines.

I know it was a mistake to let the seller trick me but the seller appeared sincere.

I did not post to get advice on how to deal with this seller but will take the advice I quoted.

What I really want to know is what the topic of my post is :

"When is the Violation reporting system going to work?"

The Violation Reporting system still does not work and still reports :

"We're making some updates and will be back soon.
Thanks for your patience."

To be honest I was never looking for advice on how stupid I was for allowing the seller to avoid paying me back and would appreciate it if people would stop advising me on that and answer the topic of my post!

Thank You, I will call my Credit Card company to do a "chargeback", since it is too late for eBay or PayPal to be of any further service.

Too bad I can't get eBay to stop that seller from defrauding other people by taking my report any way other than calling or waiting for a call back. I drive most of the day during business hours and it is illegal to talk on the phone while driving in my jurisdiction so those options do not work for me. The Violation reporting system is supposed to be used for what I need from eBay but it doesn't work and has not worked for some time without indication when it may work, leading to my query on this subject.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply

Since nobody is interested in actually helping with the posted topic, as far as I am concerned

@frase-qgfvcw wrote:

I keep getting this message for days :

We're making some updates and will be back soon.
Thanks for your patience.

I have been trying to get my money back from for a product that never arrived and was told by them to provide my PayPal account info. PayPal won't deal with them, and I can't get the e

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Since nobody is interested in actually helping with the posted topic, as far as I am concerned

That is probably because we can't answer your question. We are ebay members just like you and don't know when something is going to be fixed and in your case, I am not sure what violation reporting system you are referring to.You stated in your first post that you couldn't report a violation and that you wanted your money back. The only way to get your money back is by filing a claim and apparently that's not what you are asking about. You say that you are getting a message when you try to use the violation reporting system but  how are you getting to the violation reporting system that you are referring to. Are you using the link in the listing.....going through the resolution center...or....??  Do you have a link  that you could post so we know how you are trying to make the report?

You could try using another browser as that sometimes does make a difference for different ebay functions.

Message 17 of 17
latest reply