Where are you buying your shipping supplies?

We mostly use bubble mailers #0 and #4 and we started with getting them from US sellers from eBay. After that we got one box from Uline, slightly expensive with freight that time, but they were very good. After that we tried one box from BC seller and they were awful quality, we had to tape through the seal for the envelope to hold. Another two boxes from RoyalMailers, good quality good price but bad bad communication and one box came severely beaten after 3 months due to poor packaging I suspect. RoyalMailers never responds my requests or messages.

Uline recently opened warehouse in Toronto and as former customers they keep spamming us with catalogues and ad-mail reminders about their new warehouse. So we decided to give it a try again and made a $200+ order of shipping supplies with $42 shipping (not so bad ratio), although instead of Purolator Ground - the default shipper - there was a better deal from Midland carrier. They also offer free pickup in their warehouse, but that is 60km from here. I think considering both the price and quality (and selection of items), they are currently the best game for me.

Where do you buy your supplies? Can share?
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Local Packaging company, and for most of our bubble-mailers WALMART (~30 cents per bubble mailer)

:)

John
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

We use a compnay caled Gerard Ovalstrapping, they have many locations across Canada. Everything from boxes, kraft paper, tape, bubble wrap etc.

Jaime
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

canadabeltbuckles
Community Member
We use Uline, it is great now that they have a central distribution warehouse in Toronto, not bad pricing also...

"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome."
Message 4 of 18
latest reply

We get our supplies free since we order alot of inventory we get tons of bubble wrap and peanuts plus tons of boxes - most shoppers drugmart stores will gladly give you their boxes from free - not bad if you are not concerned with what is written on the box.
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

canadabeltbuckles
Community Member
I'll check out Shoppers Drugmart for empty boxes, I work right near one. Darn, never thought of that... They have a post office there and I mail stuff from that site at least twice a week, but never thought about asking for some of their empty boxes.. Darn!!

Thanks for the info futuretech...

"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome."
Message 6 of 18
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
I use U-LINE as well.

When picking up used boxes be careful of what is printed on the sides. Boxes with medical or food info on the sides are likely to become targets for customs.

A really good source that has little risk of raising red flags is Dollarama. They go through TONS of boxes every day.

Monique

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

canadabeltbuckles
Community Member
That's a good one as well...

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

We were buying Dolarama padded envelopes but then one day they were out so I gave up and placed Uline order and never looked back. Considering the time we spent running around getting our supplies together. One Dolarama was out, lets go to another one ... whew.
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Never had a problem using shoppers drugmart boxes at all however Monique does offer a valid point given some customs agents can be very picky - but you can always cover up any wording you feel might be problematic - plus the boxes are still good for Canada since they hardly ever read whats on the box -- lol
Message 10 of 18
latest reply

boneshakerscards
Community Member
I usually use a bubble wrap 3-Pack I pick up from the dollar to ship with, but am in the market for something new since he just went out of business.

As for a good place to pick up tons of boxes, try your local grocery store as well. My day job is at a Food Basics and the front box bins are lined with hundreds of them, all shapes and sizes every day.
Message 11 of 18
latest reply

plus the boxes are still good for Canada since they hardly ever read whats on the box

The other day I was at the post office and we had one parcel, which was prepaid (PayPal) and we placed the address and return address label on the top and PayPal label on the bottom (too big).

The post office lady looked at it, then put a "Flip Over" label on it. What for? - I asked. - Because you will likely get it back for no sufficient postage attached. The CP employees will not even think of flipping it over to check if postage was attached on the other side. I am the one who scrutinizes your mail probably the most on it's entire way.

What???
Message 12 of 18
latest reply

mobilekingking
Community Member
I Was actually buying stuff from Dollar Store, every day, then they stopped carrying the, so I used BubbleFast decent price cost about 22cents per Package. Type 0, good deal.
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

We were looking at BubbleFast, they used to be huge, but it seems they are dying out and their offer did not stand-up to Uline, at least for us.
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

I use Shoppers Drug Mart Boxes ... they save them for me. I just take the time to turn them inside out and then the box is clean with no writing. It only takes a minute to do this.
Message 15 of 18
latest reply

ameroindustries
Community Member
The guy in bc (ebay seller) is not that bad its cheap but its good . Just slap a peice of tape on there problem solved .

I use him i order 1 pallet at a time . His poly bubble mailers are really good .

uline is to expensive . I bought boxes off them b4 cost me 1.00 a box which was cinda high . (going with used boxes next time at 0.35 cents a box outta montreal buy around 10000-20000 boxes to keep freight down to my place .
Message 16 of 18
latest reply

facestation
Community Member
Give us a call if youre in Toronto

905 532 0666
Cellex Inc.

Our company actually wholesales bubble mailers, so we can give you an awesome quote if you give us a call Mon-Fri 10-6

Regards,
Moez
Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Moez,

Why do you bother advertising that you sell bubble mailers when, in effect, the person who answers the phone says that you do not?

Just curious...

Xena
Message 18 of 18
latest reply