Why I love store "Vacation" settings!

As many of you may have heard, we got pounded here in Nova Scotia yesterday with what was basically a winter hurricane.  Thankfully we had some warning.  I had to put my store on "vacation" for the 5th time this winter (OK, I know it's officially spring, but they're not fooling me with labels).  I'm grateful for that store feature, otherwise many a lousy DSR would have come my way this winter. 

Check these photos and smile if you missed this storm -- #1 is our usual lovely winter view over the bay (Annapolis Basin), and #2 is the same view yesterday.  No, the 2nd photo is not out of focus.  Those rose bushes you can barely make out are only 10 metres from the back window where I took this shot, and that was about the extent of visibility.  The snow was being driven so hard horizontally by the 100kph winds that it actually wasn't accumulating much -- piling up somewhere else no doubt.  Just as I was feeling a bit sorry for those sellers in the prairies...

Bay view-Jan-2014.JPG

... same view at the height of the storm:

Bay view-Mar26-2014.JPG

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

That's brutal.  No us prairie sellers just have the cold to deal with.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Not usually the one to say better you than me but, well, ya know................   🙂

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

This has been one crazy winter!  I feel especially sorry for the provinces being hit the worst with snowstorms. 

I heard on the radio that they are predicting a cool summer, especially near the Great Lakes because of the degree that they were frozen over this year....85% average I think.   Even a cool summer is better than all of this snow! 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

alberta has had a very bad winter ,we live in the mountains and still have lots of snow,snowed most of this week.
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

There are croci, snowdrops and squill flowering in my front (north) yard. And the sedum, rhubarb and daylilies are sprouting in the back (south) yard.

Did a little transplanting of perennials that we removed last fall, as part of the 'let's make the yard look bigger" effort for the house selling. Still looks pretty dismal, but indoors is okay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGL-n5FHU-s

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Wow - that is one beautiful house.  Is that how the interior looks every day???  I didn't see anything out of place, not a dish in the sink or a ragged magazine on the sofa, or a sloppy old piece of soap on the edge of the tub.  Are you actually living there still?

I know the stress and strain of having your house "on display" at all times.  Before we finally sold our Victoria house, we went through three complete iterations of our agent's idea of "edit and upgrade".  I finally got the spacious studio I always dreamed of -- and it almost immediately became someone else's.  Oh well. 

Best of luck with your selling!

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Very nice house and a nice video of it.

But where are all the cosplay outfits?

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

But where are all the cosplay outfits?

Probably behind all the closed closet and cupboard doors.  Just imagine the scene - potential buyer opens the closet and Darth Vader falls out. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

What a comfy warm inviting home!  I could move right in.  It even has my favourite colours....yellow and green.

Good luck with the sale!

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

There is a slightly terrifying stuffed bobcat (Greebo for my Nanny Ogg cosplay) on a shelf in the storage room.

We've had five viewings so far and hope for a few more this weekend.

I have to leave home while those are going on. So I hang out at the Mall like a bored teenager, drinking lattes and writing fanfiction.

Time for some thrilling heroics -- Jayne Cobb

Message 11 of 11
latest reply