Why, after accepting certain pictures for listings for years, has eBay suddenly blocked re-listings?

mereco
Community Member

After using certain pictures in my eBay listings for years now eBay refuses to accept dozens of my re-listings because of problems with the pictures. The specific problem is not identified. Even when new pictures are taken and the old pictures that eBay objects to have been removed, eBay still rejects any attempt to relist these items. The pictures do not contain any of the features that eBay objects to, i.e. watermarks, borders, descriptive wording. Other re-listings, as well as new listings, with pictures taken and submitted in a similar way have been accepted which makes the rejection of some very confusing.

I have been an eBay member, both seller and buyer, for over 15 years. I list many items for which I have duplicates. On average over 100 listings at any one time. The decision by eBay to suddenly refuse to allow a previously very acceptable listing to be re-listed is indicating that eBay no longer wishes to accept listings from certain long term eBay members.

If there are others having the same difficulty, and I suspect there is, eBay is risking losing many good standing long term members.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Why, after accepting certain pictures for listings for years, has eBay suddenly blocked re-listings?

The decision was made a long time ago .. Are your picture 500 pixels?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

The rule for a minimum of 500 pixels on one side has been in effect for a while but they seem to have just started enforcing it recently.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

"now eBay refuses to accept dozens of my re-listings because of problems with the pictures."

Were you using the bulk relist or sell similar functions?

If so, were you changing the duration or switching from auction to fixed price or vice versa?

If using the bulk function, try relisting one item only.  Do you get the same rejection?

If changing the duration, try relisting without a change.  Do you get the same rejection?

Yes, I know about the rules.  However, it appears the current problem is somehow related to changes made with the bulk function.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

They just started blocking non complaint photos on .ca last week.  They've been doing it on .com for quite awhile. Yes its a pain, though they warned of it happening ages ago.  There will be no way to use them i they don't meet the minimum size now

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

"They just started blocking non complaint photos on .ca last week"

That is correct.  However, I noticed that eBay would block some of my listings when I used the bulk relist or sell similar when changing the duration.

If I left the duration unchanged, eBay accepted the listings.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply