Why are buyers not leaving feedback.

Hello All,

I am wondering why buyers are not leaving feedback. I do everything in my powers to make sure that they leave it but nothing. I have over 1200 sales and only 462 reviews. Yes, there were many orders where buyers purchased multiple items but there no way that from 1200 sales only 462 actually leave feedback.

I try to leave feedback right after I ship the item, I always ship on time, and in the letter i have a note reminding them to leave feedback but nothing works.

Should ebay not give us an automatic positive feedback mark if the buyer just does not feel like leaving one after 30 - 60 days?

If anyone has tips on how to get the motivated to leave feedback please let me know.

Thank You very much.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

rykkm
Community Member

I looked over your feedback, of which 883 total are as a seller. On the first page, which shows 25 total feedback ratings, there were only 13 different buyers a little over 50 % (13 buyer feedbacks out of 25 total). Unless I misunderstand the feedback process, you get 1 feedback rating per buyer per transaction. If they buy multiple items in one transaction, it counts as 1 feedback only. But I may be incorrect on this.

Cuppa Joe!

Rick
"Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity" - Frank Leahy
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Rick is right. If a buyer makes a multiple purchase, he may leave feedback for each item, but only one will be counted.

The usual opinion about feedback is that about 75% of members leave it. That number includes sellers, of course.

I wouldn't worry about absolute numbers. Your percentage and your DSRs are more important.

You could try using Free Shipment domestically to get automatic Five Star ratings for shipping cost. (Obviously this really means that the cost of shipping is included with the asking price, but buyers and eBay love it.)

You handled your two neutrals and one negative very well.

And remember, we're here to get money, not feedback.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

rykkm is correct
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I'm here to get 10 positive feedback to sell worldwide. I have enough sales now- mind you just 2 over but still no
feedback. Will keep trying and hope a buyer will give me the feedback I need.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply