Why are listings of Hatchimals being limited?

I have sold two hatchimals and have one more to list.   ebay wont let me list another until  seven days after my last sale?  Why?????

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

One of eBay's many limits on new or newer sellers is one you don't necessarily see (like the number and value of items), and that's on certain categories. If they are higher-risk items, eBay limits how many that a new(er) seller can list in a short period of time.

A quick Google search makes it seem like these are going to be one of those toys that everyone wants this holiday season so eBay is probably limiting sellers on how many they can list at first.

I remember when I started selling on another account years ago, I was trying to list some video games and it only let me list so many at a time (I think at the time it was 5, I can't remember exactly). I don't remember such a limit on this account, so it may be sporadic depending on the category.

Regardless, as you build up a positive reputation as a seller those limits get higher or go away entirely.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

This is a measure to protect ebay buyers form unethical sellers who might seek to take advantage of people who are looking to get something important for Christmas this year. Because Hatchimals are in such high demand at the moment, there is a risk of phantom listings where sellers create a listing and take peoples' money in exchange for nothing at all. So not only is this fraudulent, it also represents a major serious disappointment for the buyer who thought they had secured something important. And wastes their time and other opportunities.

I suspect the seven-day delay is to see if you ship what you have and if your buyers are pleased with what they receive. 

Really, it's in everyone's best interests that ebay does things this way. Don't take it personally. It won't affect your ability in the long run to sell the third one you have. 

Enjoy your good fortune in having Hatchimals to share. Good luck. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Total BS! I'm a Top Rated Seller Plus Silver Powerseller with 100% feedback & I reached the same limit. I can & am listing them on fixed price listing with unlimited quantity. This is so stupid as it only controls number listed in a week NOT sold. I'm guessing the limits may apply to both fixed & auction style listings. Of course, ebay doesnt notify users ahead of time. You only find out when you go to relist. And you wonder why FB is making inroads with it's Marketplace?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

It's to protect buyers from sellers who only pretend to have them.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply