Why can't I open a case?

I didn't receive an item from a seller and contacted them last night. The response wasn't very satisfying, so now I want to open a case. The problem is that when I go to open a case, I get the message: "The deadline to open a case was Oct 09, 2013."

What gives? It's October 9 TODAY. Why can't I open a case against the seller??

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Why can't I open a case?

Weirdly, my posting time says it's 1.14 am. I assure you it is NOT 1.14 am. It's 10.16 PM on October 9.

Am I getting a picture that says I can only open a case if it's October 9 in the time zone where eBay is? That's ridiculous. If I have a cut off time that's early evening where I am, then that should be stated in my deadline message.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Why can't I open a case?

It goes by the time that the auction ended so you were probably minutes or hours too late.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Why can't I open a case?

If you paid by credit card then call the 1-800 number on the back of your card and

ask about doing a chargeback.

Have all your info handy,

You still have have time to leave feedback (60) days.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Why can't I open a case?

You have 45 days from end of auction to file item not received or not as described disputes. In the future, make sure you pay close attention to the dates and if you haven't received an item by day 30, file a dispute (through paypal's resolution centre is better from what I've read) so that you are well within the deadline.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply