Why do I have to pay for all my items seperately from the same seller?

I went through the process of paying for my 4 items and everything appeared to have went through and worked. But there was some sort of issue on paypals end and the payment has not gone through. But now when I go to pay for my items again, it's making me do it all seperately and it's all from the same seller. I don't want 4 small packages sent out, I want one.

I did email the seller and they asked me to directly send them the money through paypal and they would then mark the item as paid. I feel a bit uncomfortable doing that however. I would prefer to use the ebay checkout. The seller is a top rated seller, so I don't think anything fishy is going on, but why can't I pay for all my items together again? Getting super frustrated!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

scifan57
Community Member
In order for you to pay for several items from the same seler in one PayPal payment, you have to receive a combined invoice from the seller. If the seller didn't send you a combined invoice, you have to make separate payments for each item.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Hello 'stetra',

That "Top Rated Seller" thing means very little.  Crooks and cheats may have the badge whilst honest sellers do not.  Pay no attention to it, - feedback is a better guide.

Since there is nothing to be gained by a combined invoice, - the items all come from China with 'free' shipping, the only reason for it would be less number clicking.  If, however, you use the 'send money' option in your paypal account, - you have not bought any items, you have given a gift to a stranger.  Hence, you will have no buyer protection and you will never see your items, and you will not get your money back.

If you are unable to pay for all the items at once, you will want to take the extra few seconds to pay for each one, so you will then have full buyer protection.  Meaning if the items do not arrive you have 45 days to file a 'Not Received' claim and get your money back.  Best to file no later than day 43.  See this here link about it:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

Your seller could very easily have sent you that invoice.  If he did not, there is a reason, - and not a very good one I'm afraid.  Follow your instincts and pay from your Purchase History page.  You'll thank yourself later.

4 small packages are better than none. 🙂

Message 3 of 3
latest reply