Why do some Canadian Sellers disappear when I change my search location to Canada only?

I am trying to figure out why a seller located in Canada would disappear from my Canada "only" search results and come up as an "International" location ... they are listing in USD (so obviously from ebay dot com) and they do not specify shipping charges to Canada in the shipping calculator (although they say free shipping in Canada in their listing ) . Would it be due to one of those or both of those or something different alltogether?

It makes me wonder how many items potential buyers don't see if, like me,  they limit their search results to Canada only and the Canadian sellers don't show up. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Why do some Canadian Sellers disappear when I change my search location to Canada only?

If they are listing on .com in USD then yes if there is no shipping stated for Canada it will not show up.  Even if they do ship free within Canada, saying so in the listing isn't enough, they have to select it in their shipping choices even if they just say 0.00 for a fee.  Does it look like a very experienced seller or no?  Most people who have been around a while know how to work the shipping from .com.  Maybe do the seller a favor and tell them that their listings don't show up for Canadians buying from other Canadians and tell them to double check their shipping section.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Hi yep it's an experienced Seller and they do have ships to Canada , and then it says the old seller has not specified shipping costs please contact seller .... so by not putting in any actual costs, even though they have Canada as a ship to place, they will not show up in the refined search results . Nice 🙂

Message 3 of 3
latest reply