Why does eBay force sellers to join Power Seller program?

Dear Customer Support,

I emailed you 3 days ago requesting my Power Seller status be removed. Your service commitment is to reply within 24 hours for Power Seller. It has been 72 hours and I still haven't heard from you despite my repeated request.

I do not want to be a Power Seller.

Moira, are you listening? Tell the appropriate department to act on my request.

Thank you.

mr.rockinger
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Moira left eBay several years ago. And the one who replaced Moira also left years ago.

Why would you not want to be part of the PowerSeller program? If you do not want to show the icon in your listings, it is easy to remove without leaving the program which gives you a potential for discount on your FVF.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

...or are you concerned about eBay reporting your sales activity to Canada Revenue Agency?

It does not matter as eBay reports ALL sales activities, regardless of PowerSeller status, when requested by CRA (very low minimum dollars or number of transactions).

The "PowerSeller status" was removed a few years ago from the requirements to report to the tax authorities.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

If you check your status on eBaydotcom, you will not be a PowerSeller, since that no longer exists there.

You will be a TopRatedSeller instead.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

The TopratedSeller is a joke.
they uses a very long cycle (one year) to determine your status.
since i have 3 people over the last one full year gave me a 1 or 2 stars rating on shipping, i am not qualified.
but as mentioned in the other post, the shipping delay had nothing to do with us! (due to post and custom) 😞

if powerseller is no longer valid, why does it still say so on our page?

If you check your status on eBaydotcom, you will not be a PowerSeller, since that no longer exists there.

You will be a TopRatedSeller instead.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

"they uses a very long cycle (one year) to determine your status. "

It depends on your volume. My cycle is three months.

"why does it still say so on our page? "

You can remove the icon if you wish. It no longer shows on .com (where it really counts) but still show on .ca because they have a different program.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

why not use information from your current dashboard?

why uses different standard?
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Because this is ebay.

Reality is only optional here.:-D
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 8 of 8
latest reply