Why doesn't eBay show me as TRS even though I am?

eBay stopped showing the TRS logo on my profile and listings probably one or more years ago despite the fact that I have been TRS in my seller dashboard all this time.

Why is eBay hiding the fact I'm a TRS from other members?

One of my theories is that it's because I'm Canada and can't ship my items with tracking numbers as it costs over 400% more to send the same item with tracking vs. without tracking which simply dooesn't make it an option (the shipping alone ends up more than double the total cost of my current orders).

However it seems like eBay is aware of the absurd Canada Post fees to send with tracking and they allow Canadian sellers to ship without tracking without losing TRS, or is it that you lose the TRS "badge" and only get the savings?

Is it because I don't offer tracking that eBay doesn't show that I'm a TRS? If not why would they be hiding this from my buyers and how can I get my TRS status to be shown?

Thanks

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Do you meet all the criteria of the program, including minimum sales?

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/top-rated.html

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@isell999 wrote:

Is it because I don't offer tracking that eBay doesn't show that I'm a TRS? If not why would they be hiding this from my buyers and how can I get my TRS status to be shown?

You don't need to offer tracking (as a Canadian seller) in order to achieve and maintain Global TRS or US TRS status, but -- as Pierre pointed out -- you still need to meet all the criteria of one or the other TRS programmes in order to be shown as TRS. 

Tracking (to the extent of 90% of your shipped items) is only necessary to get the US TRS Plus, which is a separate designation and in my opinion at least has limited value for Canadian sellers in comparison to the cost of maintaining it through shipping with tracking most of the time. 

For example, you may have met all of the Global TRS requirements (which would include all sales to the US as well), but not have had enough sales in dollar value to the US alone to meet the TRS US requirement. 

I'm not sure why you still see TRS in your dashboard and not on your listings - perhaps it has something to do with which site you're viewing your listings from, or the timing of your qualifying for the US TRS programme.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Isn't the minimum sales amount only needed for "power seller", not "top rated seller"? It's ratings, defects, cases opened, and cancelled transactions that are important for top rated seller status. I just looked at my top rated seller performance, and it shows under "shipping and delivery" that I have 2 open cases for items not received. I haven't had a case opened on me in over a year if not years ago, and that only happened a long time ago when a buyer didn't contact me and just opened a case. I had a buyer not long ago contact me about an item not received, and I sent a refund, there was no case opened, so where is Ebay getting this information at?
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

To become a Global Top-rated seller you need to:

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

When I asked I meant why I'm not showing as TRS on eBay US, is that because I need to provide tracking to be TRS on eBay.com? My sales amounts are well above what's required for TRS (it isn't for this account by the way).

While were on the topic I never understood what the global rating is, is it all countries combined, or all countries other than the ones that have their own category? For example does a defect on a USA sale only count in my US stats, or both in US and global stats?

Thanks
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

The TRS requirements on eBay.com are different:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/top-rated.html

They do require that 90% of your shipments to US customers be loaded on the site within 24 hours with an online tracking number.

Why not ask the question with your selling id?  Why the secrecy?

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I always read and was told on here to never post using my selling ID, I never quite understood why and honestly it's a real PITA having to switch accounts when I want to post and would much rather post with my real account.

Why is/was it so strongly recommended to never post with your seller ID? I'd love to no longer have to switch accounts when posting here.

Thanks

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

"and was told on here to never post using my selling ID"

???

You will notice that most posters here actually use their selling ID to post.  It is a question of credibility.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

You're being shown as TRS on .ca but not on .com?

In order for the TRS logo to show on your listing on .com you have to meet the TRS Plus critieria so you can still be a TRS but not show the logo. As others mentioned, in order to be a  TRS plus you do have to upload tracking within a specific amount of time for at least 90% of your sales to U.S. buyers. Your listings also have to show same business day or 1 business day handling and at least a 14 day return period.

A defect for a U.S. buyer will show in both your global and your U.S. dashboard.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

Tracking (to the extent of 90% of your shipped items) is only necessary to get the US TRS Plus, which is a separate designation and in my opinion at least has limited value for Canadian sellers in comparison to the cost of maintaining it through shipping with tracking most of the time. 

What they fail to tell you about that 90% number is that the shipping has to be through their partners CPC/USPS or UPS to qualify.  95% of what I ship to the states is with Tracking through www.purolator.com but that doesn't qualify. 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@isell999 wrote:

I always read and was told on here to never post using my selling ID, I never quite understood why and honestly it's a real PITA having to switch accounts when I want to post and would much rather post with my real account.

Why is/was it so strongly recommended to never post with your seller ID? I'd love to no longer have to switch accounts when posting here.

Thanks

Some seem to believe that if you upset someone on the boards that they will retaliate if you use your selling id. I suppose it can happen but I don't think that it is very common. Also, if a poster respects others, there's no reason for anyone to want to get back at them. As far as I know, none of the regular posters here who use their selling id's have ever had a problem like that.

There are a few posters (not many) who use a posting id just to get a rise out of others. But..that's just my opinion.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply