Why has ebay reduced the time for delivery/feedback to 60 days? Not enough time!

China Post economy shipping takes up to 90 days and I am unable to leave feedback when product does arrive. I am also unable to continue to monitor unfilled orders. I have to constantly monitor orders and let suppliers know I haven't gotten a product but that I am willing to wait longer, They often don't understand English well and think there is a problem so they either reimburse me or send another shipment and then when that happens, and the product arrives, it is a pain to have to go back and find information (because ebay has essentially closed all links to the order including email) and try to pay the supplier...when I just want to wait a little longer for my parcel which inevitably arrives.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Why has ebay reduced the time for delivery/feedback to 60 days? Not enough time!

I remember 90 days way back when I started in 2003.

When I research this with Google, apparently feedback was changed from 90 days to 60 in Feb 2008 when they changed feedback rules with the most important change being sellers no longer able to give negative feedback.

I found hints of this date in Feb 2008 like this eBay uk help pages which appears to be from 2008 (or am I wrong):

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/feedback-faq.html#What%20changes%20are%20being%20made%20to%20the%2...

Members must leave Feedback within 60 days of the transaction closing (today, members have up to 90 days).

Or this old forum (mar 2008) outside eBay says 90 days

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=6370

This page above says you could leave feedback after 90 days using Site Map.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I don't understand your comment. You always had 60 days to leave feedback on eBay. It has not been reduced. It has always been this way since I registered in 2000.

You can still see completed listings up to 90 days though.

When a seller sends a refund, and you get the product later, you can still see the information to pay him back on PayPal even if the items have disappeared from eBay.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Paypal is one answer here.

Another is a notebook.

Keep a paper record of what was ordered and when along with expected date of arrival.

Then check them off as they come in.

Hang the notebook on a nail above your desk.

Boy, am I old school.

Paypal allows your 180 days from payment for a Dispute, and a paper record allows you to see what has and has not arrived at a glance, while PP needs some searching after about a month.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

You should still be able to monitor your unfilled orders after 60 days.  In your purchase history you can look at the last 60 days, or all of 2016 or purchases for 2014 and 2015. You just need to change the view near the top right side under "Orders"  There is also a link contacting the seller of each item which seems to stay active for at least a few months if not longer.

As others mentioned, feedback is 60 days from the time of purchase. I don't remember it ever  being longer than that.  If you need to open a claim, you can do that in eBay up to 30 days after actual delivery (if there is delivery confirmation) or 30 days after the latest expected delivery date.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I remember 90 days way back when I started in 2003.

When I research this with Google, apparently feedback was changed from 90 days to 60 in Feb 2008 when they changed feedback rules with the most important change being sellers no longer able to give negative feedback.

I found hints of this date in Feb 2008 like this eBay uk help pages which appears to be from 2008 (or am I wrong):

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/feedback-faq.html#What%20changes%20are%20being%20made%20to%20the%2...

Members must leave Feedback within 60 days of the transaction closing (today, members have up to 90 days).

Or this old forum (mar 2008) outside eBay says 90 days

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=6370

This page above says you could leave feedback after 90 days using Site Map.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Perhaps the UK site had different parameters?

Going back to 2001 I can only remember 45 days from purchase for Dispute, then 20 days for settlement,  and 60 days from purchase for feedback.

And reminding members not to leave FB until the Dispute was settled.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

My experience is perhaps different because i make a  craft using beads, charms, cord, tubes, rings etc I have hundreds of small orders. It  has been that the order, if not filled, just remained without feedback and I could monitor my orders better because the Feedback was my indicator if an order  had arrived or not.. With ebay deciding to make the orders unaccessible in their time frame, not mine, I lose track of orders. 

My experience has also been that they left the orders open for feedback much longer and this has become a problem for  me only in the last few months.

Of late a number of packets are being sent via Malaysia and that seems to be the delay in delivery. I am actually receiving items now ordered in December of 2015.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Thank you. I do know I can go back into the orders for a couple of years but,  if all the feedback has been indicated as sent, whether it is or not,.,,.there is no way of telling what came and what didn't. I make a craft and have hundreds of small orders for beads, cords, findings etc, by ebay taking out the feedback option after 60 days that is the indicator that feedback was left...meaning I got the order but I may not have. Some items I am receiving now were ordered in December of 2015. Postage stamped and all but sent via Malaysia. Instead of using ebay as an easy way to keep track of orders, I am going to have to write down every order separately and keep a manual system. For us in Canada form China 60 or 90 days is often not enough. For me this has become a problem only in the last few months. It seemed to me that the time to leave feedback was much longer. Perhaps on that, I am wrong.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

i am getting that I was wrong that the 60 days is a change but I am encountering a problem only recently so that it stood out as different,  Thank you for taking the time to respond. I have hundreds of orders for small packets of beads and cord etc for a craft, they are hard to keep track of and i used to use the feedback (or not) to indicate if the item had arrived or not. I can't rely on that now so will devise some kind of system. I am used to items taking much longer too as many are shipped from China Post via Malaysia to Canada. I am getting some items now that were shipped December 2015. Customs also holds up many of the shipments from China as fentanyl  became a problem. So perhaps the 60 days is not changed and I am just running into troubles with it but I need it to be longer.  I started taking note of items not received within that period and told suppliers I was willing to wait but with the language differences they just felt there was a problem to fix so would resend or refund and that is even harder to fix.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Thank you for researching this.  I must have felt the time changed because I am only recently running into it as a problem. China post is now shipping via Malaysia to Canada and also we have a problem with fentanyl and the source was identified as some place in China so customs is slowing things down as well. I need more time but I guess I will just devise a different system. Thank you again.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Thank you. I think because this is causing a problem for me of late that I felt there was a change. I do need more time as China to Canada goes through Malaysia and we also have customs checking on everything because of Fentanyl entering the country. I will have to devise another system as my small packets are taking eons to get here. Thank you again,.
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

and we also have customs checking on everything because of Fentanyl

I hadn't considered that.

It makes sense, annoying though it must be to an honest importer, that small inexpensive packets being delivered constantly would be sometihing that the customs officers would watch for.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply