Why is Ebay not standing up to there own policies?

I won and paid for a brand item on eBay. I received an Unbranded/Clone item that had no identifications on the item. I asked to return the item because it was not what I bought. EBay found in favor of the seller (not giving any reasons for decision). The item I paid for on eBay was identified as a brand name item. Why is eBay not staying with their policies?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I feel for you. Same thing happened to me I paid over 90 for an item box said it is worth 15, broke 3 hours after i used it. I dont know what is worse buying from china or help from e bay.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Did you go to the eBay Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and open an Item Not As Described Dispute?

Did you return the item to the seller with tracking?

Did you act within 30 days of purchase?

If you tried to open a Dispute but the deadline had passed, did you go to your Paypal account and open an Item Not As Described Dispute in the Resolution Centre at the left side of the page?

Did you act within 180 days of purchase?

If you passed the deadlines for both eBay and Paypal, did you go to the credit card I hope you back your PP account with (PP is just a useful mediator), phone the 1-800 number on the back of the card and ask about a chargeback.

If you have not, do so.

Then let us know the results.

Tip: Do NOT allow the seller to promise a replacement. It will be no better than the original and arrival, if any, will take you past the deadlines.

Tip: Do NOT close the Dispute until the money is back in your hands. This takes seconds after the Dispute is decided in your favour.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply