Why is it always about money money money?

This is a sort of follow-up to my previous post in regards to "being ripped off" by (in that particular post) a seller who was a coward, liar, cheater and apparently still an e-bay prominent business member.

I wold like to add that I was in fact cheated, lied to, whatever you want to call it by 4 sellers in a matter 2 months and my only way of knowing that everything was not o.k. was an email from e-bay warning of fraud. It was obviously too late as all items were paid for.

3 of these purchases were for my wedding dress.  I did some tracking in the "waiting period for resolution center" and became a member of a Business & Commerce Site in China with the hopes that maybe just maybe I could at least find this fake address.  Well was I surprised at what I found out.  Firstly my dress designer was defiantly still creating beautiful dresses (just not mine) and secondly (and much more interesting) her nephew had just made the Guinness Book  of Records for "longest wedding train" .  His was a lovely story about how he and all of his relatives chipped in and donated fabric and money in order for his new wife to become such a World Record Bride.

Yes, I eventually received my money back after 3 months but this is my point............when is it not about the money?  Should I just accept terrible customer service, seller's just deciding not to complete transaction?  Would any one of us do this in a store you walked in personally?

It is in fact no different than walking into "la ga ga or whatever" giving some clerk $200.00 and walking out empty handed.  Does it matter when the refund comes through?  Does it matter about the stress you are under especially with such an important purchase?

I just do not feel that a fraud warning from e-Bay is enough because you know what it does not tell me what fraud? Will I get my item? Why is there name removed?  If they are removed then why are they still listing?

Sometimes it is not about the money but about customer service, trust and ethics.  No amount of money will ever take away the sting I still feel over losing my  dream dress. 

queenbeecanada
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hello 'queenbee',

I hear ya, I hear ya, - and I can only try to imagine the depth of your frustration.

(Although you have described it most succinctly).

<<Should I just accept terrible customer service, seller's just deciding not to complete transaction?>>

Just accept it?  No, and that is why people need to file a claim before the end of 45 days to get

their money back for a no-show item.  But this is mail order, and as the saying goes, you cannot

force a seller to ship it to you.  All you can do is file a claim. 

<<Would any one of us do this in a store you walked in personally?>>

Now where would that store be, - in Canada?  It would not be in China, would it.  Smiley Happy

I knoooowww you've heard this so many times before, but when buying from China a buyer

needs to be exceptionally vigilant in ensuring the item arrives by the deadline, -- and that may

mean buying well in advance of any 'dates' should there be a problem.

Ordering from that country is fraught with trouble.  Of course, you could not have known that

in advance, but life is full of rotten learning lessons.  "Such an important purchase" should not,

in my view, have been entrusted to an unknown mail-order seller in China.

You could have saved yourself a huge amount of stress and heartbreak by agreeing to spend

a little more money and buy locally.

At the time you placed those orders you likely had a low feedback score.  To a scammer, this

is the signal to not send you the item.  The scammer figures you are unfamiliar with the system

and can be delayed past the time when you can file for reimbursement.

Lots of people buy from China and seem to be happy with their purchases.  It helps to peruse

the sellers' negs to see if they are systematically ripping off the newbies.  You need to know

how to file a claim.  And it seems people are happiest if their expectations are not too high.

Items are generally of poor quality, but if a buyer accepts that, - for the comparatively low price

it can be a fun purchase.  So even if the dress had arrived, it may have been of a horrendously

poor quality, and too small with no room to let out the seams.

If you do not receive your item you will need to file a claim, with or without a "fraud warning"

from ebay.  The reason for the warning should not matter to you.  Just get your money back.

I agree that "customer service, trust and ethics" should count for something, but the odds of

getting it from a stranger on the other side of the world are not as good as you might like.

Ask yourself this, since you maintain it should not be about money, -

Was money not a consideration when you ordered your "dream dress" from China, -- were you

not anticipating getting something exquisite for a fraction of its perceived value?

In future, if you insist on buying from China, never spend more than you are willing to

throw away, -- just in case that is what you end up doing.

I am truly, sincerely sorry this happened to you and ruined what should have been a most

beautiful time.  Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I ordered my dresses in August of 2013 and my wedding is not until August of this year. I CHOSE TO BUY MY DRESS ON E-BAY - NOT CHINA - E-BAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Period!!!!!!! The purchases from China was just two of the cases in my post. Please do not forget that I also ordered 2 from the USA.
I live in a remote area where my nearest city is 70 km away.
This is about purchasing any item - paying for a service or product and not delivering what has been bought and paid for on e-Bay. Feedback for the sellers in question were no less than 99% and I did research all.
Also, it does matter what the fraud warning is for. Do I not have a right as a paying customer to know what has caused e-bay to send me a warning - after all these sellers are e-bay sellers and a warning about fraud could mean anything
queenbeecanada
Message 3 of 3
latest reply