Why is it taking so long to receive payment? On my ebay account it says received but on paypal it's said pending for a couple weeks now.

missjewels2011
Community Member

Why is it taking so long to receive payment? On my ebay account it says received but on paypal it's said pending for a couple weeks now.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You knew about paypal's 21-day hold on payments to new sellers, right? 

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/pay/payment_hold.html

Has the payment from the buyer cleared?  If a buyer pays with an echeque it will take up to 10 days to clear.  You still have to ship the item when paypal says it is okay to do so.  This always seems weird to new sellers because they feel they have no money and no item.

You weren't keeping an item for 2 weeks after an  immediate payment, were you? 😄

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

See if you can print the shipping label through Paypal. If you can, do.

The customer's payment is probably being held for the 21 Day Hold on new sellers.

If the payment has cleared, you have access to enough for shipping.

If the payment has not cleared, you won't be able to print the label, but your customer doesn't know that. Contact him and let him know about e-cheques and that you will ship as soon as his payment clears the Canadian and US banking systems.

Basically an e-check (use the Canadian e-cheque for US buyers to remind them you are in another country, it helps) means the customer paid from his bank account rather than a credit card or a PP balance. But the money is already out of your customer's bank account. This requires schmoozing.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Click on details for the payment. If its not an echeque you need to ship pronto. Perhaps try and explain to buyer that you are new and misunderstood how things work. Send buyer a tracking #.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply