Why is my listing penalized and not showing?

Remaining 6 days 16 hours. Does not search, does not show in it's category, tried to sort by ending soonest and although there is 6 days 23 hrs and 47 minutes listings already showing, mine does not.

Why am I being penalized?
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

That's why:

Description (revised)

Whenever a listing is revised soon after being listed, it delays the indexing function and availability through Search. .
Quality stamps from Canada, British Commonwealth and Worldwide at Wholesale Prices
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Even though I did not change any text, only removed S/H services? Hm, I should watch for that, thanks Pierre!
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Whenever a change is made, any change, prior to indexing, the listing goes to the bottom of the pile until the next batch. :-( .
Quality stamps from Canada, British Commonwealth and Worldwide at Wholesale Prices
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Hm.....

I have to revise every single listing because I use Autiva and cannot implement a combined shipping rule until posted to eBay.

However, I do this within minutes of posting, so I guess it does not make much of a difference?

Wonder if Blackthorne takes care of this problem?

Have ended and re-listed several times when buyers bid within minutes of listing, before I could revise (they must have my ID on their watch list).

eBay's combined shipping calculator, when checking out, works really great and not having that function inevitably creates a buyer email with "how come my combined shipping charges are not calculated?"

Xena
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Is there some priority on 1-day auctions? Because if it takes several hours before the 1-day listing starts apearing in search and in category ... it's taking the precious time from the total auction lifetime.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

"Is there some priority on 1-day auctions? '

No. I frankly do not see why anyone would limit the exposure to one day only when seven are available at the same price. .
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I frankly do not see why anyone would limit the exposure to one day only when seven are available at the same price

If you want to move quantity of desirable product, instead of listing one everyday into 7-day auction, you list one everyday in 1-day auction. In both cases the volume of product placed to eBay is 1/day, but in the latter only one product is there at every moment creating perception of short supply and stimulating higher bids.

Did you notice that 90% of the bids come in the last few hrs? My $40 valued product can be sitting for 6.5 days at $9.90 and then within last 2 hours jumps to $40.

Of course if you have only 1 item or do not mind selling only 1/week at top price, the 7-day auction will be better as you will get repeat traffic from watchers.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Pierre, keep in mind that above I was talking about desirable items with 100% sell-through ratio. If I see there is another 6 same items from the seller, I am less likely to place impulsive high bid and will just wait for the next one.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply