Why the are you selling items for US dollars on the Canadian eBay site

123.lyle
Community Member

Canadian website should be in Canadian dollars.  Quit trying to rip us off all the time all the time for **bleep** sakes

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

At a guess I would suggest you might be looking at canadian sellers with listings on .com rather then .ca.  Or you may not have your location set right.  When I sell I often list in Canadian dollars and US dollars depending on the target.  But when canadian customers are looking at the add on .ca it shows them the amount is Canadian dollars if their preferences are set right.  But for americans looking at the product it shows them in American dollars regardless of what I priced it at US or CDN.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

If you are searching on the dotCA (Canadian) site, items show in Canadian dollars even for sellers who list in US dollars.

If you are searching on the dotCOdotUK (British) site, items show in British pounds even for sellers who list in Canadian dollars or US dollars.

If you are searching on dotCOM (the US site) items show in US dollars as well as the currency the item was originally listed in.

If you are only seeing US dollar prices, then you are seeing items listed in US dollars on the US site.

Which leads to the question, if you are so determined to shop in Canadian dollars, why the are you looking at the US site at all?

Message 3 of 3
latest reply