Why was my account suspended due to security concerns?

My acct was suspended.  The email said due to security concerns.  This is my first time trying to potentially order items from eBay.  I added items to my cart to see what the costs would be with shipping and to view later / compare to other items.  I don't understand if it is my security or sellers security you are concerned about.  I haven't entered a credit card number yet so this is confusing as a new user.  I still receive emails from you about watched items, etc.  How do I move forward if I wish to buy something?  Use Amazon instead?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@denve_ca2014 wrote:

My acct was suspended.  The email said due to security concerns.  This is my first time trying to potentially order items from eBay.  I added items to my cart to see what the costs would be with shipping and to view later / compare to other items.  I don't understand if it is my security or sellers security you are concerned about.  I haven't entered a credit card number yet so this is confusing as a new user. ...

These are forums read (and sometimes answered) by buyers and sellers. You are not talking to eBay.

Use the Help & Contact link (at both the top and bottom of this page) to speak to eBay support. The Need our assistance? section is at the bottom of the linked page -- select your problem and eBay will display contact information.

-..-

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

There could be any number of reasons that your account was suspended so call Customer Service to find out what the problem is... if there is a problem at all.

You are certain the message actually came from ebay? Did you find a copy in ebay Messages? You didn't click on any links in the message to your email did you? It might have been a phishing ebay that had nothing to do with ebay itself.

Don't click on links in email messages unless you are absolutely certain you know they are legit. Often, the more urgent a message sounds, the more pressing it is said that you need to take action, the more likely it is to be email fraud.

But call Customer Service asap.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

It is better to use the Watch List for comparisons for details and pricing.

It could be that putting things into your cart notified a robot that thought you were a 'thrill bidder', one of those who bid with no intention of ever paying. These are a huge annoyance to sellers. (From the point of view of us sellers, your suspension would be a Good Thing, but I am sympathetic to your concern. )

Your Watch List allows you to compare three items at a time.

In addition, if you Search by Highest Price plus Shipping or Lowest Price plus Shipping, instead of the default Best Match, you will see on the Search the sellers who will ship to Canada (not all will) and the cost to your doorstep.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Oh, that's true. If someone signed up for an ebay account and then immediately filled it with $10,000 worth of stuff, this may trigger an internal alarm. Worse if they Commit to Purchase and set in place 145 Unpaid Item Strikes simultaneously.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Hi, Would you mind to reopen my account, because i paid for 2 pair of boots from 86daigou.com, and it is suspend my accounts, my payment did not go through them. so they are able to get the money, and not able to delivery the boots for me. Please Please re open my account. Thanks a lot ! 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

We cannot reopen your account.

We are eBay users, like yourself.

You have to call eBay Customer Service. Help & Contact, top and bottom of the page.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Also, that website has nothing whatsoever to do with eBay. If you bought from them, you did so directly. eBay cannot help you.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@flyee50010,
As mjwl2006 has said, 86daigou is not related to eBay or even an eBay seller. If you bought from a seller on eBay and they told you what great deals you will get if you buy from their other site directly, I think you can now see the problem with that. Just do a Google search for that seller and read the reviews.
You will have to file a resolution center dispute with PAYPAL if you paid that way, or go for a chargeback if you only used your credit card on that site. It is not an eBay sale.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Membership-account/please-reopen-my-account-because-after-i-paid-for-the...

Message 9 of 9
latest reply