Why was my payment refunded? Why would a seller refund the payment when they have the item?

lenaande
Community Member

I bought a phone case. Payed with paypal and thought everything was ok. But later I got a mail where it said the money was refunded… and I can´t see a reason. They still have the item for sale. This is my first buy or anything on ebay… Is this normal? 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Why was my payment refunded? Why would a seller refund the payment when they have the item?

No, it's not normal.

You can either a) Message the seller and ask why. They could have meant to refund another buyer and refunded you by accident. b) Just wait until the seller messages you.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Does the seller ship to Canada?

Did the listing give a specific cost for shipping to Canada and did you pay that amount?

International shipping, and the USA is a foreign country, is more expensive than domestic would be.

Always check that the seller has a specific rate for shipping to your location. If you bid without this, he can charge you whatever seems fair to him.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

You need to ask the seller why they refunded you.

As to the item being listed, there's nothing wrong with that because the seller probably has a lot of that same identical item. They are a big volumne seller so I'm sure they have multiples of everything and just immediately relists rather than having a listing that says they 10 available for sale.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Was it this item here 360885785020 ?

The seller is in the United Kingdom and says FREE SHIPPING to Norway so I don't know why they refunded you.

That is not a common occurrence but it does happen.

I would forget about it and move on.

Just be glad you got your money back they have horrendous feedback.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply