Why would an item be removed?

I purchased 3 items from a seller, went to buy it now, paid for them, received positive feedback from them and the item is marked shipped but when I went back on the next day it says this:

This listing was removed by eBay. If you already paid for the item, we recommend that you wait 10 days from the expected delivery date to see if the item arrives. If you did not pay,you are no longer obligated to pay for this item. If you have a problem with the purchase, you can resolve the problem by filing a claim through our Resolution Centre.

I've never seen this before, there is no way to leave feedback now and I don't know if my item is still coming, the picture of it is gone and I can't access the info on it. The seller still exists and I sent them a message and they haven't responded, it's been two days now. Do I just wait and see if it comes? Why would it be removed like that?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

"and I don't know if my item is still coming,"

Contact the seller and ask for the shipping date and tracking number if available.

The listing may have been pulled by eBay for a variety of reason including infraction to the listing policies.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I too had this just happen to me a day after I bought and stupidly quickly paid for the item via PayPal. I received no notification via email from eBay that the item was removed. I would be none the wiser that the item had run afoul of something at eBay unless the item fails to show up in 2 weeks or so.

I only discovered it when I went back to My Ebay and noticed the item was removed.  I contacted the seller and their one line reply 2 days after buying it was "We will ship the item.".  The seller though told me via an auto reply as soon as I won the item even before paying for it that the item was shipped! Now I am wondering what the infraction was concerning this item and whether I even want it at this point. I still have my doubts if I will even see this and since I am in Canada I will have to wait 2 weeks to see if it even shows up before contacting Paypal. Meanwhile I could of bought a replacement item from another reseller. Not impressed at all.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I just had exactly the same thing happen to me, as soon as I paid for the item, I cant even contact the seller as there not even on ebay any mire $60.00 down the drain
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

If you do not get the item within the acceptable time period and have paid via PayPal launch a complaint via Paypal to get the money refunded.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

If you go through the resolution centre link on eBay, then you have to wait - wait out the time to make a complaint, escalate after the prescribed time, etc.  PayPal policy is that when they (PayPal) receive a telephone complaint about non-receipt, they immediately put in an escalated claim, advise the seller, and if the seller does not immediately issue a refund, PayPal will.  The telephone call can be made at any time after the sale - PayPal does not have a waiting period as long as the complaint is made by telephone.  They will record your call, so be polite!     

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

But you paid by Paypal? Go to the Paypal Resolution Centre and file an Item Not Recieved.

It goes pretty much the same way as an eBay claim.

Paypal has a strong Buyer Protection Program.

If more than 45 days have passed since purchase, you may have to go to the credit card that PP processed for a chargeback, but start with PP.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply