Will Paypal protect seller?Refund buyer via Paypal,the buyer still claim!!

Hi, every one:
A buyer who purchased a jewelry from me. After her received the package, she said it's damaged. I asked her for a picture or return it to me to get the refund, but she dont' want to return (because for the return postage ).It's just $10.00 item, I refunded her.(except the shipping and handling fees). And now, she claimed it to Paypal.

My question is: Paypal will refund total to her or protect seller a little bit? I have called paypal customer service line, but listen more than 5 minutes voice message.

Any seller has any idea or suggestion? thanks for your message.
Susan
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

whoscloset
Community Member
Make a request through the PayPal complaint that the buyer returns the item WITH TRACKING for a full refund.

Monique

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

You can try that, but it probably won't help.

I've had to resolve about 10-15 claims in my years on ebay, and I have NEVER (not ONCE) ever been sided with by PayPal.

The culprit? I didn't ship with a tracking number due to the high cost of doing so within Canada.

That IMMEDIATELY violates their silly 'protect the seller' policy, and you lose.

Did you ship the $10 item by Expedited USA or Xpresspost USA for $15-$25 in shipping charges?

If not, you're going to lose the dispute.

John
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
I ship with tracking via UPS. I've never lost a dispute when I have asked for the item to be returned with tracking. If they don't provide proof of return PayPal denies the claim.

In this instance it sounds like it was an item not described complaint as opposed to an item not received. There is a difference.

Monique

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

ameroindustries
Community Member
Ya just do request return with tracking You will win .
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thanks Monique & John!!

I have experienced buyers chargeback after I shipped the order. My jewelry are small items, I always choose light package of Canada Post to ship, but no track number. In this situration, I always lose my jewelry and money. Sellers can NOT control buyers, I believe every seller has lots of bad stories about working on Internet. I don't feel alone because there is our community, THANKS for your guys to help and give me suggestions!!

Susan
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I always choose light package of Canada Post to ship, but no track number. In this situration, I always lose my jewelry and money

You need to contact us!

Bernie
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Bernie, where are you?

still waiting for your reply with basket of "tips".

you didn't hop on the next plane and gone to Europe as well, did you?
Message 8 of 8
latest reply