Winning bidder is in EU, but I stated in the auction that I can't ship the item there.

The winner is in Germany.  Due to European Union import restrictions, unsealed cosmetics (such as nail polish" cannot be shipped to EU-member countries.  I stated this fact TWICE in my auction. I use INKFROG and cannot tweek my listings to block bidders from the EU. Will I get my FVFs refunded if I cancel?  My item: 1408478573.  Should I let it run its course and she will get a non-paying bidder strike?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Winning bidder is in EU, but I stated in the auction that I can't ship the item there.

hi ..Will receive credit if you contact buyer and explain that you cannot ship and ask if they would be willing to accept a mutual cancellation that you would file.

How is unpaid an option. Buyer can pay and then you are forced to refund. Either way , an unhappy buyer.

I'm not familiar with Inkfrog but can you not select individual countries or perhaps its best with those items not to include Europe.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

If Inkfrog does not allow you to Block destinations and buyers, then it is not compatible with eBay and should not be used.

For your current listings, you can go to your eBay Seller Preferences and set an automatic block against those countries you cannot ship to. This should supercede any third party lister's errors.

It may not work for current listings though. For those you may have to use the eBay Revise to Block the countries or even close each one and then relist after your new Preferences are in place.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I went back to INKFROG and checked the original listing.  I had blocked Germany, but allowed "Europe" (which does, in fact, include Germany). When the template uploaded to eBay.ca it must be incompatible as it shows that Germany is okay to ship to.  I have complained to Inkfrog and do not recommend using their system....unless you want to go and double check each listing to make sure it is correct!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply