YAY!! More major bugs!! Are you affected and not even knowing it???

jeffglobal
Community Member
Check out the below "chat" I just had with our good friends at LIVE Help regarding another "issue" I've stumbled onto (and followed for 1 week to see if it would perhaps correct itself -- wishful thinking!!).

This is a serious issue, and I sincerely hope nobody else is dealing with this same concern.....but how are you to know?

The concern is EXPOSURE on eBay's new search engine. No, I'm not talking about exposure via the lovely new BEST MATCH feature that we all hold near and dear to our hearts (sense the sarcasm please). I'm talking about exposure IN GENERAL!! As in, your item NOT even appearing in the search engine! I have over 500 listings in my store (recently reduced from 750 due to eBay's new fee structure and me not being able to make a fair buck on some listings any more). How am I supposed to feel confident that I'm getting exposure anymore at all now unless I go through each listing manually?? It's another task that I'm not prepared to do. Shame on eBay once again for not taking ownership for it's "bugs" and introducing incredible change to our everyday way of running shop without providing us with a flawless or convenient new system. Enjoy the below conversation from today:

4:36:52 PM System
Initial Question/Comment: Selling

4:36:57 PM System
Thank you for contacting eBay Canada Live Help!

Jean E. has joined this session!

Connected with Jean E.

4:37:02 PM Jean E.
Hi! Thank you for waiting and welcome to eBay Live Help! My name is Jean. How may I help you today?

4:37:51 PM jeffglobal
I want to know why some of my items that I have had in my store for long periods of time suddenly are not showing up in your search engine??? I've been personally monitoring this for 1 week, and the situation has not changed...I have some examples.....

4:38:21 PM jeffglobal
I have TWO seperate listings in my store for different covered videos titled Starrcade 1985.

4:38:38 PM jeffglobal
Do a search for Starrcade 1985, and tell me if you see both of my listings appear?

4:39:05 PM jeffglobal
For me it reads that there are 5 results found, but only 4 actually appear. Why would this be????????????????????????????

4:39:30 PM jeffglobal
If you search Starrcade 1985 in my eBay store, both listings will appear.

4:39:43 PM Jean E.
Thanks , I still to look to it and I will need the item number.

4:40:38 PM jeffglobal
290256136195 and 290257845082

4:41:13 PM Jean E.
Thank you, just a moment while I am checking to it

4:41:17 PM jeffglobal
ok

4:41:38 PM Jean E.

4:43:55 PM jeffglobal
are you still there?

4:44:53 PM Jean E.
Yes I am still here

4:48:18 PM jeffglobal
any answer?

4:49:38 PM Jean E.
and looking into account I can see that 1 listing still showing in store search but the other one is not showing due to a bug

4:50:31 PM jeffglobal
So when will this "bug" be fixed? I have no idea how long this has been going on for, and I have no idea how many of my listings are affected! For sure it's been at least 1 week. Yet I continue to pay FULL PRICE for my listing fees!!!

4:50:38 PM Jean E.
What you can do is to revise the title so they can be different in listing

4:51:33 PM jeffglobal
No, this is an eBay issue......not mine. I'm too busy revising all of my other listings per all of your new "rules" This is an eBay bug, don't ask me (your customer) to do any further revising!

4:51:53 PM Jean E.
This is the suggestion until the issue is corrected in the site

4:52:26 PM Jean E.
I am sorry for the frustration you can not find listing

4:52:35 PM jeffglobal
And when will it be corrected? I'm now 1 week and counting, and can't account for my other 500 + listings, if they're coming up in the search engine correctly or not

4:53:46 PM jeffglobal
And why does eBay continue to charge me full price when I'm not receiving the service I'm paying for?????

4:53:53 PM Jean E.
what you can do again is to end listing and then contact the billing department for credit

4:54:58 PM Jean E.
http://pages.ebay.ca/help/contact_us/_base/result_3_2_1.html

4:55:23 PM Jean E.
Then click on "email us"

4:55:59 PM jeffglobal
Who from eBay would like to go through my 500 + listings to ensure they're all coming up in the search engine?

4:57:20 PM jeffglobal
And I'm not ending / revising any more freaking listings. Fix a darn bug for once! Are my fee's not high enough? Perhaps eBay would like to take a 100 % commision on my sold items, will action then be taken for once?

4:57:44 PM jeffglobal
I don't mean to take this out on you, Jean, but this is ridiculous servicing.

4:58:28 PM Jean E.
I understand your frustration and I do apologize. Mainly we are not able to credit unless a listing is fully ended

4:58:42 PM Jean E.
But, a good sggestion really is to revise the title

4:58:48 PM Jean E.
if only slightly

4:59:00 PM Jean E.
Which is a work around for that bug

4:59:11 PM jeffglobal
And will revising the title "slightly" (eg. adding a space or something) fix the issue??

4:59:43 PM System
Connected with Jean E.

4:59:43 PM Jean E.
Just until we are able to correct that issue

4:59:43 PM Jean E.
It will actually

4:59:48 PM Jean E.
not a space however

4:59:48 PM Jean E.
A word will work

4:59:53 PM Jean E.
or take one out

5:01:33 PM jeffglobal
Okay, fine. I will try this. One last question: Can't anybody at Live Help ever actually HELP? I'm always directed to links or given more and more work to do. Who is checking my 500 + listings to ensure they're even getting any exposure at all???? This one was a fluke that I caught it,....perhaps Iv

5:01:58 PM jeffglobal
perhaps I've been paying for years and years and getting SCREWED out of exposure because of eBay's "bugs"!

5:03:43 PM Jean E.
I do understand what you are going through all this but unfortunately we are unable to make any change into your account
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I get both your Starcade items in my search results?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

jeffglobal
Community Member
Yes, cause I've since changed one word in my title listing as per eBay's suggestion! Had I not stumbled onto it, it could have sat there for years in limbo with no exposure in eBay's search engine whatsoever!

How many other listings are being affected that we don't even know about??????
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Lots! I have two Waterford Meadowflower King Pillow Shams listed. One ends in 2h 42m and the other one in 23 days. One is shown on eBay.ca and the other on eBay.com

I paid for both listings, they should all be showing on both sites.

When someone takes your money for a service/goods and does not provide that service/goods, its called FRAUD!

How is this any different?
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

dhslk
Community Member
I have had this happen to me on and off for MONTHS. I can only HOPE that my listings are all showing at any given time. It is only by accident that I find affected listings, as I have several hundred at a time, as well. I DO NOT TRUST EBAY at all anymore. Another glitch that I discovered in the past week or so is that the NEW box (as in new or used) has disappeared upon relisting from several of my items. Presumably, if someone searches using new as a criterion, THEY WON'T SEE MY LISTINGS! ebay is EXHAUSTING, with all the technical carp, and useless changes on top of them.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

OP, I'm presuming your "problem" is related to this policy change which went into effect in May

http://pages.ebay.ca/sell/May2008Update/FAQ/#6

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

dhslk
Community Member
I doubt that it does. I had TWO identical listings today and only one showed up. The problems that I have had in the past several months usually involved UNIQUE items.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

dhslk
Community Member
read 'is'
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I doubt that it does. I had TWO identical listings today and only one showed up

Did you read the info at the link I gave? It's specifically about IDENTICAL listings.

In any event my post was for the OP, if you want to discuss a different issue start a new thread, it's a bit early to hijack this one.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I see that this bug goes back to 2008   Don't they ever fix anything?  Yesterday I did a basic two word search.  I did not sign in and I opened both .ca and .com   I got 2 different lists.  So I signed in on .ca and the list changed but is still different.  Same thing on .com  So there were 4 different lists displayed and only the signed in .ca showed all my items including auctions due to end in less than 1 hour.   So how am I supposed to sell anything if my items are not visible?  Are there so many listings that they divide them up into 4 different searches? No wonder some of my stuff that normally sells well, isn't selling at all.  It can not be found.  I am a top rated seller with great DSR  so what gives?  I list on .ca  Is that the problem?

Message 10 of 10
latest reply