Yes, I still get my PS discount!

Russ Patterson Good news for Canadian PowerSellers!

Effective immediately, as a Canadian PowerSeller, you will receive the highest Final Value Fee discount you qualify for, regardless of whether your listing was created on eBay.com or eBay.ca.

The change will be retroactive to listings sold from April 16th onwards (eastern time).

As announced previously, qualification for the U.S. Top-rated Seller discount is based on your performance selling to U.S. buyers. Qualification under the Canadian program - which doesn't yet offer Top-rated seller badging but does include a 20% Final Value Fee discount - is based on your performance selling to all global buyers.

With the change announced today, you'll get the highest Final Value Fee discount for listings made on both eBay.ca and eBay.com, so long as you qualify as a Top-rated Seller under either of the US or Canadian programs. This gives Canadian sellers two different ways to qualify for the highest tier of Final Value Fee discounts.

Remember that you must meet the following requirements in order to receive the discount:
Registration address in Canada
PowerSeller status
Meet eligibility requirements for either the U.S. or the Canadian Top Rated Seller program.
To check your performance standing, refer to your Seller Dashboard. The seller performance section of your dashboard will show you the discount you qualified for based on the U.S. program and the Discount section will reflect the discount you qualified for based on the Canadian program.

In addition, effective immediately, Canadians will now qualify for the Canadian PowerSeller program based on their selling performance to global buyers, rather than only to U.S. buyers as it was the case previously.

Regards

Russ Patterson
eBay Canada

I was wondering why my dashboard was showing 20% again. Yes!
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I haven't received that email and my dashboard is still at 0. I guess it may take a while for it to be applied across the board.
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Kalvin's got a thread about it on the selling board and there's an announcement to the right.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Kalvin's got a thread about it on the selling board and there's an announcement to the right.

Who is Kalvin? What selling board? Can you post a link?
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Look to your right, then raise you eyes slightly and look for the box marked "announcements".

(you'll have to be on the main page perhaps)

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Kalvin works for ebay canada. Here is a link to the board..note the pinned threads at the top.

Selling on Ebay
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Took a while for it to show up on my dashboard, but finally see a nice green dashboard with 20% discount.

I'm still not sure what it changes though. Do we get a discount on top of a discount?
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

"Do we get a discount on top of a discount?"

No 😉

It appears eBay finally fixed the display problem they created on April 1st when they introduced the TRS program for Canadians. The discount was always given (if earned) - that was not the problem.

The Dashboard on eBay,com now reflects the discount given to TRS, as it did until March 31st.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Pierre, my dashboard ceased to show any discounts way back in November 2009 although they were on my invoice. Amazing that it ONLY took them 8 months to fix! B-)
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

"my dashboard "

Do you use eBay.ca or eBay.com to view your dashboard?

I use eBay.com and it worked fine until March 31st.
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

I use .ca and the discount has always been shown.
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

"my dashboard "

Do you use eBay.ca or eBay.com to view your dashboard?

I use eBay.com and it worked fine until March 31st.

I always use eBay.com because my selling manager only works on the .com site. I know I am not alone. Many sellers brought this up on the boards when the problem first appeared just before the holidays.
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

My discount just went from 5% to 20 % . What did I do right?
Message 13 of 13
latest reply