a seller has cancelled my bid stating item no longer available then relists the same item

What can be done about a dirty seller, who cancels an auction I was bidding on, and then relists the item with only a higher Buy It Now price? This cannot be condoned by eBay!! This was just fake auction to gauge response. I made bids and offers in good faith. At the very least, I should be able to leave feedback about the seller, and his practices. I was bidding on an Oakley watch from them, and then they just cancelled the listing, and relisted it. He claimed eBay made him take down the listing. How can I leave him feedback? Or proceed?  Please do not do business with this scammer.

Thanks for any help. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

a seller has cancelled my bid stating item no longer available then relists the same item

Nothing you can do about it as he was obeying ebays policies.

He may have to pay a Final value Fee if he has done this before.

No way you can leave any feedback.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Actually, if he makes a habit of this, he's avoiding reserve fees and that's a violation.

You can report him to ebay by calling them.  If they see he's doing this a lot, they'll take action.

They will not tell you what action they take, though - it's a privacy issue.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 3 of 3
latest reply