Archive 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

eBay Restricting use of outdated Internet Security Protocol

Hi eBay Members, eBay has decided to restrict the use of outdated Internet Security Protocol, SSL 3.0, because we have determined that it does not meet our standards. As such, some Turbo Lister users could see some connectivity issues. For more infor...

Holiday Returns available in Turbo Lister

Hi Turbo Lister Users, The option to apply Holiday Returns in Turbo Lister is now available in the Beta version of the program. When deciding whether or not to be a Beta user, please keep in mind that the beta versions aren't free of bugs, nor are th...

HolidayReturns.jpg

Recent Issues w/Turbo Lister Sign In

Hi Turbo Lister Users, A recent Windows update has caused some programs, including Turbo Lister, to crash. To sign-in to Turbo Lister before the improved Windows update is released, please follow these steps: Open Internet Explorer Open the Tools men...

Any Advice on How To Deal With This?

Hi everyone, When I woke up this morning I had received this email from one of my buyers: "I received the jeans today and am surprised to see a 34/30 sized pair. That's strange. I could have sworn I bought a 33/30 pair. WAIT!!! I DID!!! What the heck...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Marking items as a "Gift"

Hello, I have been reading the posts on this board for a while and found a ton of great information and advice, I'm hoping someone might have some insight on this topic. Something I have been asked about several times is whether I would mark packages...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Oh, what an idiot I am ....

My luck finally ran out yesterday (trick or treat?) and I got my first neg feedback. Same old story, a new user who decided she did not want the book she'd bid on and won. This lady picked another book out of my store stock and decided I should do an...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

US Customs Requests

We have been asked to supply Social Security Numbers of our customers for all packages shipped to the US. this obviously is going to be reluctantly given. Is anyone else dealing with this problem? Has anyone found a good solution to this problem?

eBay invoices aren't working properly

A customer just bought about 30 of my auctions, wanted to pay with PayPal, and asked for an Invoice (since the checkout system is no longer working). I clicked the invoice link, and it took me to the invoice page, but only allowed me to select from a...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

What should I do about THIS situation?

Hello, here's a weird one for you. A friend of ours who is NOT selling on eBay and in fact is NOT even on the internet (they don't even own a computer) received a call the other night at their house. It was from a very disgruntled eBay buyer who had ...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Selling For a 3rd Party

Hi Everyone, Recently I have been approached my a few friends of mine who have asked for me to be their trading assistant. They are looking for me to list and sell their items for them. They have agreed to handle all shipping from their end as well a...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Shipments to UK

This has been talked about, but I need a solution and any help would be appreciated. A box to UK via Canada Post takes about 4 weeks and costs about 90.00CAD. The Same via UPS takes about 3-6 days and costs about 120.00CAD. Yet the same box in the US...

Canada Post logo ???

I received this nice Fall 2004 Edition of eBay PowerSeller Pillars (I guess it is called). Inside it mentions saving 2, 5 and 10% when you sign up for Canada Post Electronic Shipping Tools. It says to visit the PowerSeller hub and click the Canada Po...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ebay Live 2005

Hi, Just wanted some feedback about Ebay live. Has anyone attend it before? Do they achieve anything from attending? Is it worth the trip to pay for the airline ticket, and the hotel accommodations to go? How do we register to attend? How much does i...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

I may be down for 24-48 hours

Tomorrow I am moving. My system will be down probably tonight at midnight and hopefully will be up tomorrow evening but like anything else problems can happen. While I am looking for a small warehouse/retail venue, my office is still out of my house....

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

CAN YOU LOWER RESERVE AFTER BID,S.?

i was wondering can you lower reserve after you have bid,s.i,ve seen listings lower reserve but is this done after auction ends.?

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ebay Merchandise

Hi, Just wanted to know how I can obtain ebay merchandise. I tried ordering from Ebay.com, but they charge an are and a leg for shipping and the on top of that, they say Canada Customs with levy duty and taxes to it. Is there no Canadian office that ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

New Twist on Paypal Chargeback

I'm not one to complain too much about Paypal, it is what it is, but thought I would share an interesting chargeback story.... Completed a sale, Paypal payment was made, pos. feedback left on both sides, etc., two months later was informed that there...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Paypal Credit

Have you noticed this? Recently, the PayPal site had technology issues that may have hindered your ability to conduct business using PayPal. To show our appreciation for your continued business, we're going to credit you for PayPal transaction fees i...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

can't search for commas, apostrophes, etc?

Unfortunately, words with ' or - or , in them can't be searched for on eBay. Well, that's not true, sometimes it works. But in most cases, it just takes you to a generic white error page with "404 not found". What's up with that? It's been that way f...

• 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

y account is being held for ransom by one of my buyers-NEED ASSITANCE

Good evening I am writing this letter to you in regards to a recent transaction I had with one of my buyers. A buyer recently bought some items from me. After buying the items she contacted me regarding them and said that she wants me to lower the pr...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Faster photo editing software?

Anyone know of a fast photo editing software. We use Photoshop Elements 2 and it's okay but when you open about 20 pics or more it's not too quick. Also...do any software packages have an auto macro button that will save your file to a web format at ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Canadian dollars suddenly showing up in my PayPal account?!?

"Canadian Dollar: $11.17 CAD" My PayPal account is principally in USD, and that's all I accept from my buyers. There hasn't been any Canadian dollars in there for a long, long time. Today, I was looking at my balances, and the above is what I saw. I ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Auction listing tools

Hello All, Does or has anyone on this board ever used Andale to list their auctions on eBay. I got a call from them on Friday and although they have some great features I like some feedback before I start using it. TIA HDwrench1

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Problems with Powersellers Customer Service

Hello everybody! I got problems with an Italian bidder. I try to contact him since 8 weeks. I sent numerous emails in English and Italian and never got any response. The guy is still active on eBay (I saw the recent bids made last week). This situati...

DO YOU REMEMBER???

This idea started on a thread I began about Board etiquette and somehow evolved into recalling personal, historical events. So reminice and share your memories with all of us on topics such as: Do you remember the first time you used a computer, what...

• 15 replies
  • 0 helpful

One Year Old Today?

I just noticed that eBayMoira's 'Welcome to the CA Powersellers Board' message is dated exactly one year ago today. Happy Anniverary all regular posters & lurkers! Ann

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

HTML help - Picture problem

I've had a couple of buyers asking questions which make me suspect that my images may not be showing up in my auctions - I can see them with no problem. Can I ask for some feedback? Check auction # 6924153708, and please tell me if you see 2 pics emb...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Beware of New Spam email that may have a virus

Hi all, I got an email earlier in the form of a "question form member" email. It looks just like it came from an ebay member. Mine said "I Paid for my item. When is it going to be shipped?" I didnt remember the username, so I clicked on the link to v...

auction dispute

Hi there, I haven't really come across any issues with my auctions until now, but about a month ago I sold an old used laptop for about $19.99USD plus shipping. Now, I don't normally accept cash or money orders, but unfortunately I agreed with this b...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

FYI - Glitch in pre-filled information listings.

After a lengthy conversation on Ebay live help, there is apparently no solution to this glitch other than not to use it. It doesn't always happen, but can happen randomly and is not correctable. If you list a book, VHS, DVD or CD using the pre-filled...

Help on picking a shipping service

Hello all, We're back to work. And some of the stuff we are selling is too large for our preferred shipper- Canada Post. But the other shipping avenues are terra incognito for us. We would very much appreciate your candid advice on the other folks. W...

Features of Auction Services Providers

Personally I use inkfrog because their imaging system works best for my products. However, Ebay's new-filled system may making this need less necessary. (Other story - other thread). Looking at other ASPs. Would like one with automated invoicing capa...

Unanswered Questions
No posts to display.