bid status e-mail shows "buy now" price; how is that transaction made? does not show in original posting

2012lipper
Community Member

item # 130757190855

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

bid status e-mail shows "buy now" price; how is that transaction made? does not show in original posting

The item number you have posted shows a DVD player with, at present, only one bid - yours, and no 'buy' option.  So I am not sure what you mean about the email & 'buy now'. 

If you have received any type of prompt to buy in your regular email but not through ebay messages, then it may be a fake.  Although I can't imagine anyone trying to cheat you over a 10 dollar item, unless a fake email was trying to get your financial information.  Either way, the item number shows the truth about the ebay auction, and that is the one to believe.

I have not seen this email of which you speak, but if you get a request for payment outside of ebay, - don't do it.  You will have no buyer protection, and it whilst sometimes sellers are just hoping to avoid paying ebay fees, too often it is a scammer who will take your money or worse. 

Sometimes these fake emails even look genuine, ebay logo and all, but if you are getting a request for money, a promise of ebay protection, but it is not to be done through the ebay site, you can send the email to spoof@ebay.com and they will tell you if it is a fake.

Is any of that what you meant?:-D

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Ebat removes the BIN option once a bid is placed.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply