bo buying

Has anyone being having the same problem bidding on items then finding out they are taken down. Being trying to buy certain items on ebay with no luck. I win the bids go to pay then and they tell me seller can not except payment yet. Then ends up being shut down . I believe I have 3 on the same item but different seller. Yhey should put a reserve or take what the bidder is buying for. if this continues will go to a different site. Just a waste of my time here Please let me know if you are having the same problems Thank you Ron 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

bo buying

@ca2014.tisse wrote:

Has anyone being having the same problem bidding on items then finding out they are taken down. Being trying to buy certain items on ebay with no luck. I win the bids go to pay then and they tell me seller can not except payment yet. Then ends up being shut down . I believe I have 3 on the same item but different seller. Yhey should put a reserve or take what the bidder is buying for. 

What ends up being shut down?  If the seller is shut down, as in No Longer a Registered User, then you are lucky that eBay caught the scammer in time, before you lost any money.  It would also explain why the payment would not go through.  

Sometimes there is a problem with a seller's PayPal account, but that itself would not cause listings to be removed.  When a listing is removed that is because eBay had to do it.  Otherwise, if there is no problem with your own PayPal account, the funds should go through.  

One good way to avoid all that stupid nuisance is to shop using BUY IT NOW.  You can choose from the Sort bar "Price + Shipping: LOWEST"  if you want.  But when you use BIN and choose a reputable seller with good feedback you get your item sent quickly at a fair price.

BUY NOW.jpg

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

bo buying

That sounds as if you have been choosing scammers sellers who are being closed down by eBay.

Before you bid, look at feedback.

Very few buyers actually use feedback but it has its points.

Has the seller been a member for more than a month?

Does the seller have a long gap between his last feedback and his current listings? (A year or more)

Is the seller buying and selling in the same categories? (Not always a good guide, but...)

Is the deal too good to be true? It probably is.

I believe I have 3 on the same item but different seller.

Yep. A gang of scammers. Usually, but not always, in Asia.

Pro tip: Instead of Searching the default Best Match or Lowest Price First, Search instead for Highest Price First and drill down to your price point. It's faster  and you will see sellers who actually have the thing you're looking for and a strong track record of actually shipping.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

bo buying

how do I get rid of them in my payment section. I have at least 10 items sitting there that I have tried to pay for. I do not want them now. when I get a notice ebay saying it is sent does it mean it has been. Or is that from the seller. What if the seller excepts the money but does not send the item. Do I get stuck with the bill and no item. Hard for buyers to know if they are real sellers. Does ebay pay me back if they are not real sellers. Thank you Ron. Now I am afraid to buy from ebay.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply