buyers not leaving feedback

I used to sell on Ebay years ago and took a break for a while.  I don't remember a problem with people leaving feedback now I am finding that the last 5 or 6 items I have sold the buyer has not left feedback.  I have posted feedback for them once the item is shipped and I have even tried waiting until I think they have received the item and then I leave feedback but I get nothing in return.  I have also found that people will ask a question and you respond and never hear back from them.  I am finding it very frustrating and feel like selling on ebay may not be worth the effort- does anyone else have this problem with buyers???

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

As you know everything you mentioned is optional and in many cases asking for feedback might be a bad idea...

3 types of buyers leave feedback

Daily ebay users..

Very happy customers

Very pee'd off customers

Although I understand wanting feedback the best thing to do is not even worry about it .. Do the best you can as a seller and let the rest just happen..

Now if your Selling for peoples praises your selling for the wrong reason and I would say the joy you once had with ebay is gone and just walk away LOL..

As for Replies like Thanks for getting back to me etc does it really matter ....

Personally I love happy customers and polite customers but what I love the most is making money and it is Now (not always) the only reason I do this

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

this is what i do.i enclose a note with my sold item saying..please let me know that you have received this by leaving me pos.fb.,once i know that you have received it,i will then leave fb 4 u.thanks then sigh my name.this way they are reminded when they get the item.try this method,things may improve,however i still dont receive fb 4 20% of my sales.have a great day.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

20% is not bad at all .. I probabl only get feedback from about 60% of my buyers..

Feedback is just feedback ... When you go to future shop do you read customer reviews before you go there...

Feedback only matters up to a certain amount once you have enough to let people know your a good experienced seller then it doesn't really matter anymore .....

If you own a store you can set it up to send feedback reminders but again bugging customer for feedback is not a good idea as you never really know who your bugging and maybe 2 reminders will be enough to irritate them enough to be like YA you want feedback here you go BIG RED LEG Stop bugging me for feedback LOL...

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

" feel like selling on ebay may not be worth the effort"

Are you selling to make money or to get feedback? You're putting too much importance on feedback. I have never received feedback from all my buyers and I have never stressed over it.

Just be the best seller you can be and if you get good feedback, great. If you don't get any feedback,, don't worry about it.

By the way, I have always been of the "let the buyer leave feedback first" camp. If don't get any, I don't leave any.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply