buying on ebay

Never use ebay before, do I just click on buy and pay with my pay pal.  The amount with the shipping and item, does it reflex the total if I live in Canada

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

buying on ebay

Well, basically.

But before you click (twice) look  at the title the picture and the description. Do they match? Don't be afraid to ask questions of the seller. There is a link at the bottom of the description.

Look at the seller's feedback. Is it above 98%? That is an adequate seller. Lower is poor. EBay is tough on marking.

If there are a lot of negative feedbacks, read them. You may notice that the seller gets a lot of nutty buyers, or you may notice a real picture of problems.

Many sellers do not ship to Canada. Check the actual cost of shipping on the Shipping and Handling tab. That will give the cost of shipping to your doorstep. 

Some seller give you choices of shipping services. Faster will be more expensive. It is not a good idea to go for the apparently cheap Surface shipping from overseas. Takes months. Seriously.

There is no need to pay for insurance and tracking. These are only useful the to seller. If you have a choice, go for the cheaper naked service.

Watch for this statement:

Customs services and international tracking provided

This means that the seller is using the Global Shipping Program. Not necessarily a bad thing but not a Good Thing if your item is under $50 and not bulky.

If the seller is using the GSP you will be paying the Canadian duty and sales tax plus a small service charge up front. This can easily double the apparent cost of shipping.

Over $50 the total cost with GSP import charges can still be a good deal. Do your homework.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply