buying rims and tires

chevbrow0
Community Member

i was thinking of buying rims and tires from the US that will cost $1,900 how much do u think it will cost me in CAD$ all said and done?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

buying rims and tires

$3000 Canadian if your lucky. That is if shipping and duty and gst and everything else comes to less than 500 bucks.With our dollar so low its better to buy Canadian if somehow possible. That is just a guess.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

buying rims and tires

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/postal-postale/duty-droits-eng.html

That's a start.

Although automotive parts are covered under NAFTA,  they may actually be made in Canada and shipped to the USA. So you may find the Canadian price very reasonable once landed.

Remember that even if there is no duty, there will still be sales tax.

And since these are too bulky to qualify for USPS/Canada Post, you will pay more than Canada Post's service charge. Courier fees start at $25 and go up with the value of the item.

The foreign exchange will vary daily and also with the processor. Paypal is not too bad compared to most credit cards, certainly no worse. But what you think you are going to pay and what you actually pay when the payment clears (up to 10 days later) can be quite different.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

buying rims and tires

you would probably find it cheaper to buy from a local retailer on that type of purchase that way all the shipping is included in the price already,a local retailer buys in large quantities and may save you money that way?could be very expensive like the other poster says 3.000.00 better off to get a quote from a large retailer in canada, the shipping and what not will make it a really crazy price ,just my thought

Message 4 of 4
latest reply