cancelation of transaction but the seller don't want it

georget-2011
Community Member

I'm cancelling my transaction to a seller just after the bidding and I pay it right away. just after 30 minutes my wife arrived and  told me that she bought a phone. so I opened my computer and cancel the transaction right away maybe just after 30 minutes I just bid and pay the item that night. then in the morning the seller said he don't want to cancel the transaction.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

oskye
Community Member

I'm afraid buying on eBay is not like buying at a store.  You can't just change your mind and cancel the deal.  Your bid is a contract to purchase. You fulfilled the contract by paying - as you are legally required to do.  

It is unfortunate you no longer need the item, but the seller is under no obligation to cancel the transaction.

If you feel that you have a legitimate reason for not buying the item, you can contact the seller and explain your situation. The seller may agree to cancel the transaction.
As a buyer, you're obligated to complete the purchase by sending full payment to the seller. If you don't pay, the seller can open an unpaid item case, which could be recorded on your account. 
From eBay Customer Support:
"If you feel that you have a valid reason for not paying, you should contact the seller and explain the situation. If you and the seller agree not to complete the transaction, you'll be released from your commitment to purchase the item. 

Read our unpaid item policy to learn more about your obligation as a buyer.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/unpaid-item.html

Note:

If the seller takes returns, you can send the item back once you receive it.  The shipping cost is your responsibility - and you must get tracking to prove it gets back to the seller.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

You cannot cancel your purchase unless the seller agrees to it and send you the proper link to fill out.

Did you try and cancel  both the phones you bought yesterday.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply