cannot contact seller after buying wedding dress

I won a wedding dress on Dec 4/16 . I have tried to contact seller as the tracking number does not exist with DHL. I want to know when they sent the dress? I press contact seller and this comes up "We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately, this seller is not able to respond to your question. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing" What should I do?

Thanks

Trudy

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Go immediately to the Resolution Centre and open an Item Not Received claim.

Do not accept an offer to replace it. And buy local if you need a wedding dress within the next six months. 

I wouldn't trust a purchase as important as this to a dressmaker you've never met. 

Google 'wedding dress from China' if you're sceptical of my advice. 

Good luck.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Work on turning this terrible experience into a funny story you can tell at your 50th anniversary.

The worst part of these frauds is that they hit women at a time when they are  vulnerable and emotional.

And even when they arrive the dresses are garbage.

A local dressmaker could make you a dress faster and better than any shop and certainly better than some unknown factory on the other side of the world.

My mum could turn out a ball gown in two weeks, with appliques and selfcovered buttons.

This is just the wedding. It will be fine.

And best wishes for a long, happy and prosperous marraige.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@hamiltrud-la5eiq6 wrote:

I won a wedding dress on Dec 4/16 . I have tried to contact seller as the tracking number does not exist with DHL. I want to know when they sent the dress? I press contact seller and this comes up "We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately, this seller is not able to respond to your question. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing" What should I do?

You should find an alternative in the city where you live.  

As the other posters have explained this is too important to keep waiting and hoping.  The "Chinese wedding dress" is a common scam, and the fact that you are now blocked from contacting the seller is a good indication the dress was never sent, if it even existed in the first place.  Usually they don't.  

For a happy ending, go to the RESOLUTION CENTER at the bottom of the page and open a claim for Item Not Received.  Be sure to say you WANT A REFUND.  No point saying you want the dress because you are never going to receive it.  

If the seller does not respond with a prompt refund, then as soon as the system allows, ASK EBAY TO STEP IN.  

Do this now.  

If the claim date has passed on eBay, go to your PayPal account, find the transaction, and open your claim there.  In PayPal you have 180 days from when you PAID.  

Do not close a claim until you have total satisfaction, meaning a full (and verified) refund, or the dress (which you won't get so take the money).  

Message 4 of 4
latest reply