check box for eBay item missing in Paypal create an invoice

Anyone else noticed this?

I went to use "create an invoice" (basic type) in Paypal a couple of days ago and the usual check box to indicate "eBay item" was missing.

So the payment is no longer automatically connected with the eBay item.

I sometimes use this way to invoice in C$ for a Canadian buyer when the item was listed in US$.

I called Paypal and the agent was totally clueless and said he could open a file that they could get back to me on "when they get to it". lol
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I believe that this was done away some time ago to encourage buyers to go through eBay checkout when paying, which makes more sense than going through PP.

When buyers go through PP and link to the eBay sale, that has created mistakes at times. Also, the eBay system was never able to reconcile a PP payment that was initiated the way you wanted to do it. If you tried, it would have switched back to the selling currency.

Of course, when you are trying to invoice in a currency other than the listing currency, this is a drawback. We run into this as well and just use "goods" and reconcile manually.

Bernie
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

thanks
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I went to use "create an invoice" (basic type) in Paypal a couple of days ago and the usual check box to indicate "eBay item" was missing.

I used PP to send an invoice about 2 weeks ago and it was there at that time because I used it.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

On mine it has a way to exclude ebay items but not one for ebay items.

Consistency, ebay, consistency.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I used PP to send an invoice about 2 weeks ago

yes, mine was working even more recently than that but not now.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply