closing my store and early cancellation fees

I will be closing my store and Ebay of course wants to charge me an early cancellation fee.

My understanding is if we close prior to June 4th, no early cancellation fee.

Do we then get charged and have to phone Ebay CS to have the charge reversed?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Following as I want to close mine.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Be prepared for a nightmare!

Brief summary, if you go to close it you will be charged

I did not close and called Ebay and of course got someone who knew nothing. Was told to close it and would not be charged.

Closed and was charged while CS on the phone. Got some garbage that it is set up to credit at a later date and would not show on my next invoice.

Told CS not satisfactory. It should not have been charged as per Spring update and put through a credit. Said could not.

Asked for a supervisor who told me that it does not automatically not charge as cancellation not set up properly after Spring update. What else is new with Ebay.

She put me on hold and went to check with someone else. Told me she could over ride the system and do a manual credit which she did but it would take up to 24 hours to show so we will see what happens.

I have her name and a ticket number in case it does not show.

So here I am another unhappy seller due to Ebays policies that they could care less about and are only on paper, not actually input into the system.

This is what you have to look forward to if you want to cancel. No way I want to wait until my next billing cycle to see if was credited on Ebay's say so.

You have to be thick skinned and not believe what you get told by CS which is also the norm with Ebay. They really could care less about sellers any more and choose to make like as difficult for them as possible.

I wish you luck and I will wait the 24 hours and report back if this post is allowed to remain open.

PS: store will close June 1

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

With nearly 1,000 listings, why did you close your store?  You will pay higher fees without a store.  In many instances up to 4% higher FVF (coins and stamps categories)

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Update as far as fees - Credit has gone though.

Pierre :

Sales are dead and this month I will not even cover the store fees with the 4% savings. I will probably list 100/month on this account to see what happens over the summer and with the possible CP strike as well.

Canada Post charges for light packet has basically killed my US market for tokens which was always my best market.

Maybe I am just tired of supporting everyone else at my expense and getting nothing but garbage and excuses back.

It will also give me some more time to work on my stamps - and yes, I do collect them

Plus I have 2 websites to put more stock into

Message 5 of 5
latest reply