combined shipping invoice is not as promised

g3p3nk
Community Member

hi all,

i have a little problem right now.

the seller said he will combine shipping at $1.25/additional item, but when i have won them all, he came back to me over shooting the price.

some background information:

this seller has 3 auctions up for used blind-box collectible items.

so i asked him if he offers combined shipping.

his reply word by word:

"Yes of course i will combine shipping. Its usually just shipping for 1 & like $1.25 each addtional."

so yesterday i won all 3 collectibles and was requesting combined shipping invoice.

he came back earlier today with $15 shipping.......

now that number does not mean anything.. so here is another fact.

the shipping listed on the page for each item does not exceed $8. let's just assume it is $8.

so i thought, by combined shipping, i would expect:

$8 + 2 x $1.25 = $10.50 at the max.

so when he came back with $15, he added $4.5 for something that was not accounted for.

i do have a little friction with this seller and perhaps it is wrong of me to even considering shopping with this guy, but that is not the problem here.

i am wondering if he did this because of that friction between us. it is pretty unprofessional of him if that is really the case.

i do not think this is normal in ebay.

i have been an ebayer for the past 3 years or so and none of them were like this.

any ideas? and what i can do from here?

thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

jollygrn_74
Community Member

Sounds like you were given an on the fly estimate. You did save on combined just not what you expected.

I'd say next time, give seller details of everything you expect to be getting and ask what the final total of S&H together would be on combined lot. This way they will figure out how it will go together and can get a total shipping cost as such and give an amount to stick to.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

g3p3nk
Community Member

@jollygrn_74,

i did tell him all the details he needed on my first message.
i said i was about to bid on his 3 auctions.
i asked if he offered combined shipping and how much.
i even said the shipping is to canada, from california.
so he knew that it would be an international shipping.

it really is not important at this point, as i have paid him.

i give in because i am sick and tired having to deal with the seller.

to save myself from further headache, i definitely will not buy from him again. forget recommending him.

however, just out of curiosity..
is there anything a buyer can do in this situation?
in a way, agreed combined shipping is not enforced by ebay, so sellers can always tell a "lie" to attract prospective buyers.
if a buyer doesn't pay, seller can open a case for unpaid items. but this isn't really buyer's fault, is it?

Message 3 of 3
latest reply