do canadian power sellers get shipping discount

I am a Canadian power seller with a store, and qualify for a 20% discount.

I list on .com.

Is there a way to get my shipping discount through Canada post? how does this work?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Assuming that you know nothing:

Canada Post offers a 5% or so discount to Venture Post members. This is less than the 5% to 18% discount from PO counter prices on certain services offered by Canada Post through Paypal shipping.

When you offer Free Shipping , which just means you move your shipping costs to your asking price, you get an automatic Five Stars in your Shipping Cost DSR. You may get a lower FVF on shipping depending on the category you sell in.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

eBay Inc. and Canada Post - two different companies.

You can have small discount by printing online labels.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I think the OP is confusing the 20% discount on fees as a shipping discount.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Hi, I know about the venture one program. That's not what I mean. On my summary page it shows I qualify for a 20% disc out on shipping. Does Ebay have a partnership with Canada post so when I print my shipping labels thru paypal, I can get my 20% off.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

That 20% is not a shipping discount.

It's a 20% seller fees discount.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I too use on line shipping tool to receive a small discount. The real issue that needs to be discussed is the ridiculous charges for shipping with Canada Post....Rates recently went up again....Canada Post should have a flat rate program for businesses and power sellers.  Venture One offers some upgrades to services and a small discount, however, minimal at best. Other option is to open up a UPS account to get some real savings. Only problem there, difficult to keep up with the min shipment requirements to qualify

Message 7 of 7
latest reply